2020 IBA Australia Memorial Rides & IBA Wilcannia Memorial Ceremony

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
TigerBill and I are planning to combine a bit of what you guys are typing about. I think Bill has only ridden one IBA ride (to last year's Muster) since having his big off on the way to Renmark two years before. We're heading for the informal gathering at the original time and date to catch up with anyone who has been able to get there.
Doing it the slow way, so just 2000km over three days. Doable, great company and our first run out west in a long, long time.

Some green out there these days, I suppose.

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
Its not over you old bastards. Who are you calling old! ;)
... ...
Hells bells ive riden just today. My years total is now under 300k. Stop sooking.
Sorry Gatey, my year's total is up to 12,000k (with all our restrictions it's been a quiet year)
... ...
But This from one of my personal heros of LDR is shattering

"I've lost my essential long distance fitness and probably won't seek to recover it."

"Fitness and health is one thing, motivation is another. " (and I did warn management about this issue months back)

Then this line is what we all must remember and I thank you Nico for these words as this is perhaps the nub of our game.

" With nothing to prove to myself, I enjoy my riding for different reasons and for different motives now, but still hang onto the social motivation of catching up with old riding buddies and like-minded riders at the gatherings."

Thank you Mark.
Thanks for your kind words mate. Appreciated.

Last edited:

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
TigerBill and I are planning to combine a bit of what you guys are typing about. I think Bill has only ridden one IBA ride (to last year's Muster) since having his big off on the way to Renmark two years before. We're heading for the informal gathering at the original time and date to catch up with anyone who has been able to get there.
Doing it the slow way, so just 2000km over three days. Doable, great company and our first run out west in a long, long time.

Some green out there these days, I suppose.
Pillion Piglet and I will make our way to the informal gathering, probably on the GSA with a touch of gravel surfing thrown in. We will make this a 2 dayish ride and looking forward to seeing again the red earth and blue sky of western NSW. Its been a while.

Look at it this way Large, think of how ready you'll be for next year. That is "IF" the borders are opened by then. Sorry, but I couldn't help myself. I know it doesn't help you. But there has to be a brighter side,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, surely.
Always a bright side, and a new bike and a desire to still ride. (is that rain outside? quick, back in the shed!!!).

Brightest side is we are still alive to contemplate such things.......

kwaka

Premier Member
Update of sorts:
Even though there's no formal ceremony this year, invites has been sent out to Badger and Jeremy re. our in-state gathering. Both indicated they'd try and be there.

I'll look into live streaming from Netallie Hill of the "event".

@OX et all, as you all know well, two drops of rain and the bush comes alive, we've had good soaker rains out this way. The contrast of green on red earth, words can not describe the feelings I have seeing my outback come alive.

Germ jokes...
I was a germaphobe once, then I became a parent.

What do you get when you cross a comedian with a germ?
A sick joke...

Growth itself contains the germ of happiness - Pearl S Buck

jeffrey gebler

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I am still hoping that the South Australian government might reopen the border to N.S.W. with out the mandatory 14 days upon returning. If so both myself and Taffey will be there at least for a few hours and I will try to convince a certain elderly member to be my pillion again.

With two weeks off from the brewery I just spent a week on a river boat and will be getting out for a 72 hour ride this weekend.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Pillion Piglet and I will be heading out the Friday afternoon aiming to overnight in Temora or Griffith, followed by the run up the Cobb Highway in time for lunch at Wilcannia. Once the meet n greets conclude at Netallie we will head for Cobar to overnight and then back to Canberra on the Sunday.

Pillion Piglet and I will be heading out the Friday afternoon aiming to overnight in Temora or Griffith, followed by the run up the Cobb Highway in time for lunch at Wilcannia. Once the meet n greets conclude at Netallie we will head for Cobar to overnight and then back to Canberra on the Sunday.
Jeffrey we can give it a try' Greetings Henk'

Tele

Premier Member
I also hope to be at a certain rest area on the Saturday afternoon .... after no long rides for 12 months, I will certainly need to pause somewhere (say around Netallie) for a decent rest. I will link this effort in with a trip via Tottenham to participate in a "virtual" event being staged by the BMW Touring Club of NSW. I am almost embarrassed to have the IBA sticker on the bike at the moment. Plenty of week day rides with mates for cake, coffee and burgers, but nothing much more than 300klm at most. New tyres on 03 September should see me right to go assuming nothing steps in to intervene. Best wishes to those who can ride at this time, and best wishes also to those who cannot.

Skidoo

Premier Member
I have planned to do this ride, but am not in a state of mind to do any safe long distance riding rght now, so I have decided to cancel my plans and stay home instead.

Ride safe everyone and have a great time.
I think many of use are challenged by the current circumstances and we need to do what is right for our current mental/physical health ensuring we all stay safe. IMHO it’s not how far we go rather what we do to look after ourselves and our loved ones !