2021 ANZAC Day SS1600

ACTCapo

1. Dawn Service in Canberra
2. Trappers Bakery Goulburn for breakfast
3. A - Ardlethan (fuel stop at Temora)
4. N - Nyah (fuel stop at Hay)
5. Z - Zeerust Primary School
6. A - Albury (fuel stop at Euroa)
7. C - Canberra (fuel stop at Holbrook) (or Casey suburb if Canberra is too broad).

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
Plan A. For a corner marker at Balranald, you could use the 24 hour servo east of town, on the right, just before you turn south on the Mallee Hwy to Tooleybuc. The rest looks fine. Ride well.

ACTCapo

Plan A. For a corner marker at Balranald, you could use the 24 hour servo east of town, on the right, just before you turn south on the Mallee Hwy to Tooleybuc. The rest looks fine. Ride well.
Yeah thanks, I think that’s the one I was thinking too. Will probably be lunch stop.

ACTCapo

I'm looking through the IBA records online to see who has done the ANZAC ride. The records list isn't great; I can only see:

Karl Pirchmoser - 2015
Alwyn Bressanelli - 2017, 2018
Elizabeth Seaton - 2017, 2018
Jeffrey Gebler - 2017
Chris Wiltshire - 2018
Malcolm Smith - 2019
Bill France - 2019

Maybe also Nicholas Brealy in 2019. Anyone else?

Brookester

Premier Member

tj189

Premier Member
A bit of history of the riders that instigated this IBA ride:

Karl Pirchmoser #54975 and I, Allan Hegelund #56444, came up with the idea to have this ride done under IBA rules. Subsequently, on the 24th of April 2015, saw us set out from different parts of Australia, successfully complete an IBA ride and meeting up in Canberra, our Capital City in time to partake in the 2015 Dawn Service, this the Centenary year.

Thank you Alan and Karl for establishing this commemorative ride. There are a number of Kiwi riders that have also completed this ride.

ACTCapo

I got this ride done, visiting a few ANZAC-related sites along the way.
AWM (Dawn Service, or as close as I was allowed without a ticket...)
Goulburn (cnr)
Ardlethan (Soldiers Memorial Hall)
Balranald (cnr)
Nyah (District Memorial Hall)
Zeerust (Primary School)
Euroa (cnr, Victoria Cross Memorial)
Albury (Monument Hill - amazing!)
Coolac (Memorial Hall)
Charnwood (end docket)
1,681km all up, 20hrs total.