2021 Heart of Texas - Spotwalla track with pictures

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Tamara and I had the distinct honor of riding in Paul Tong's most fabulous Heart of Texas Rally last week.

This is our Spotwalla track during the rally. I have added our bonus pictures to a track spot pretty close to where we took the picture. There are a couple non-bonus, yet very relevant, pictures included.

To see a larger version of each picture, click on them. Some of the areas are pretty crowded and you may need to zoom in a bit to see all of the pictures.

https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/ab0c-2d617b8-eb4c/view

paulcb

Premier Member
Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed riding the 2020 4-day HOT, but was unable to do the 2021 due to business travel. What was the theme?

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Must be me.
I don't see any pictures Stephen.. ¯\_(?)_/¯
I am receiving report of others also not seeing the pictures. At this point, there does not seem to be any consistencies of why... All of my devices show them, whereas Tamara's phone does not.

This is what you should be should be seeing...

Attachments

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
@Jason Jonas

Please take a look and see if you can figure out why some folks are not seeing the pictures attached to the tracks.

You can see above what I see on my devces... Here is a screenshot from Tamara's phone (running the latest verion of Chrome)

Attachments

paulcb

Premier Member
Perhaps one has to be logged into your SW account to see the pics on route? Maybe they don't show on the public version?

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Perhaps one has to be logged into your SW account to see the pics on route? Maybe they don't show on the public version?
Do not think that is it... It is a public track and some folks have commented on specific pictures without having any way of logging into my account. I will double check the settings on my end and look at it again without being logged in, but I do not think that will change anything.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Jason tells me it has something to do with the fact that my host server is not serving them up as https. Apparently just changing the http to https did not work either. :rolleyes: No idea how to get the server to toss them out https. You might see a prompt in your browser to allow the "potentially harmful" content through. Not so sure it is even worth the effort. :p

c10

:) Nice route except for Houston to Galveston dip . I live here , and absolutely hate riding in the area .

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
:) Nice route except for Houston to Galveston dip . I live here , and absolutely hate riding in the area .
Haha.... Yah, we must have hit Houston, San Antonio, and Galveston all at the exact right moment. Traffic was not nearly as bad as I expected. Hardly anyone on the streets. For Houston I figured at least 30 minutes to get off the Interstate, to the bonus in the middle of downtown, and back to the Interstate. Took about 15 minutes, total.

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Tamara and I had the distinct honor of riding in Paul Tong's most fabulous Heart of Texas Rally last week.

This is our Spotwalla track during the rally. I have added our bonus pictures to a track spot pretty close to where we took the picture. There are a couple non-bonus, yet very relevant, pictures included.
...really wish you hadn't shared this. I'm seeing now that I missed 614 point in Fredricksberg, riding right by 2 big bonuses :D

I can only claim, in my defense, that F'berg was Really Fricken Busy and I honestly was just like "get me out of this town in one piece, Lord!"

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
...really wish you hadn't shared this. I'm seeing now that I missed 614 point in Fredricksberg, riding right by 2 big bonuses :D

I can only claim, in my defense, that F'berg was Really Fricken Busy and I honestly was just like "get me out of this town in one piece, Lord!"
Haha... Yah... Near the end we rode right by several planned bonuses and had to double-back to our last one instead of getting it on Day 1. The former because our plan to get all three combos fell apart when the GPS drowned and the latter because I moved that "R" to the end of the route vice Day1 so we could get REVELATION & BROTHERS without burning all our letters.

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher

You're not the first to do that and certainly not the last. Podium finishing IBR riders do the same thing with disastrous results to their standings, including a DNF

Learn from it, and find a way to ensure it doesn't happen again.

And nothing wrong with throwing in the towel and getting out of town. Knowing when to do so rather than chasing a bonus down a rabbit whole is part of the game

Jason Jonas

Premier Member
IBR Staff
@Jason Jonas

Please take a look and see if you can figure out why some folks are not seeing the pictures attached to the tracks.

You can see above what I see on my devces... Here is a screenshot from Tamara's phone (running the latest verion of Chrome)
Didn't we discuss this in another thread? The issue was you're hosting the images on a site that doesn't support HTTPS. The picture URLs you've added to some locations use HTTP and some browsers will block non-secure content on a secure page.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Didn't we discuss this in another thread? The issue was you're hosting the images on a site that doesn't support HTTPS. The picture URLs you've added to some locations use HTTP and some browsers will block non-secure content on a secure page.
Yes, I think it was on the Face Cracks where you answered...