2021 IBR

I rode out to Checkpoint 2 in Huntsville and got a few shots of some of the early arrivals and then about 30 bikes arriving.

Yes, that is Wendy waving to me. Still not sure what to do with that. How she could roll in after laying down all those miles in that leg with multiple wheel changes and still have a smile and a wave - I guess that's what being a past winner will do for you. And she probably thought I was Tobie Stevens.

I absolutely dig her heat shield.

Less Bike, More Rider.

Clearly, he did not confuse me with Tobie.

A bunch more here - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWbUq9a

All in all, an excellent excuse to ride. My hat's off to all the participants.

ibafran

quote: "Yes, that is Wendy waving to me. Still not sure what to do with that. How she could roll in after laying down all those miles in that leg with multiple wheel changes and still have a smile and a wave - I guess that's what being a past winner will do for you. And she probably thought I was Tobie Stevens."

Where do I find more info on the multiple wheel changes? I read all the daily reports and do not remember anything beyond the 'flat spot' tire on her first day.
fran

c10

Looking at some photos the aux fuel cells seem to conflict with the rules I read last week . I'm not pointing this out to raise a flag on the Rally riders just it makes building a aux fuel set up either hard or easy for a future IBR participants.
Who does someone need to speak with on this ? Thanks c10 , and FYI I followed the rally from day 1 .

armour783

Premier Member
Looking at some photos the aux fuel cells seem to conflict with the rules I read last week . I'm not pointing this out to raise a flag on the Rally riders just it makes building a aux fuel set up either hard or easy for a future IBR participants.
Who does someone need to speak with on this ? Thanks c10 , and FYI I followed the rally from day 1 .
What exactly are you seeing that’s in conflict with the rules?

Wornout

Premier Member
I believe the fuel systems are inspected before and after the event for adherence to the rules.

c10

What exactly are you seeing that’s in conflict with the rules?
the 300x . That is a dirt bike aux tank with no baffles I was looking at it online last week . The HD with keg style may or may not have a baffle .
These must of passed tech but on paper building a rig they would not
I believe the fuel systems are inspected before and after the event for adherence to the rules.
there is a photo above of a 1.6 Gallon tank appearing to not meet this .

7. Anti-slosh foam or anti-slosh baffles will be required for cells mounted on the pillion seat or the rear rack of the bike unless the maximum volume of the tank does not exceed 1.0 gallon. A minimum of 80% of the dry capacity of the auxiliary tank must be filled with anti-slosh foam, or the tank must be equipped with one or more longitudinallyplaced baffles that are at least 80% of the height of the tank and that divide the tank into two or more chambers of approximately equal volume. The rallymaster or the president may approve alternative configurations that are determined to provide effective control of sloshing. Taildragger cells, cells no higher than the top of the OEM tank, and enlarged fuel tanks in the OEM tank location (i.e.: Touratech tanks) are exempt from this

Auburn

Premier Member
The rally tech inspector checks for the mounting and capacity. The Rally master and President have the final say if the cell is allowed. Per pages 17-19 of the current IBR 2021 rule package published 6/4/2021.

Auburn

Premier Member
the 300x . That is a dirt bike aux tank with no baffles I was looking at it online last week . The HD with keg style may or may not have a baffle .
These must of passed tech but on paper building a rig they would not

there is a photo above of a 1.6 Gallon tank appearing to not meet this .

7. Anti-slosh foam or anti-slosh baffles will be required for cells mounted on the pillion seat or the rear rack of the bike unless the maximum volume of the tank does not exceed 1.0 gallon. A minimum of 80% of the dry capacity of the auxiliary tank must be filled with anti-slosh foam, or the tank must be equipped with one or more longitudinallyplaced baffles that are at least 80% of the height of the tank and that divide the tank into two or more chambers of approximately equal volume. The rallymaster or the president may approve alternative configurations that are determined to provide effective control of sloshing. Taildragger cells, cells no higher than the top of the OEM tank, and enlarged fuel tanks in the OEM tank location (i.e.: Touratech tanks) are exempt from this
The 300x has an approved aftermarket fuel tank that mounts in the same place as the OEM tank. The tank on the Kawi is manufactured for for that exact use. (I think it is only one gallon.) It appears the Rallymaster approved both after the Head Tech inspector recommended approval of both tanks.

c10

The rally tech inspector checks for the mounting and capacity. The Rally master and President have the final say if the cell is allowed. Per pages 17-19 of the current IBR 2021 rule package published 6/4/2021.
Understood , but on page 19 of 2021 rules you see what I have referenced to . This makes building a 1st time rig to compete in a IBR difficult as do I follow rules word for word or take a chance with Tech .

Auburn

Premier Member
Understood , but on page 19 of 2021 rules you see what I have referenced to . This makes building a 1st time rig to compete in a IBR difficult as do I follow rules word for word or take a chance with Tech .
They also highly recommend you contact the head of tech before the rally to get his approval, which the rallymaster is going to use heavily as input to accept the tank.

c10

They also highly recommend you contact the head of tech before the rally to get his approval, which the rallymaster is going to use heavily as input to accept the tank.
this is a option not known to me in the areas i'm use to having Tech inspections for . You pass or fail = Read our book no 2nd chances . So my rule has been follow the book or books . I've personally sent rigs back home after tech inspection for not passing .