2023 Jamboree - Sunday 2nd April

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
1674735852036.png

After the last one was so well-attended, and with the positive feedback, we're planning on another jamboree this year. It will be on Sunday 2nd April, in Coventry - please do not share the location outside the forum, for security. We're still working on the programme of events - topics suggested so far are: Rally planning - going from rally book to route; Rally planning - preparing for a multi-day rally like the 12 Days; Rides - using Bubbler and Spotwalla to track a ride; Riding tired - how to recognise it, what to do about it. If you've got other topics you'd like us to discuss, please let us know - especially if you're prepared to stand up and talk!

The event will be subsidised by IBA UK; it will be £20 per person to attend, which includes tea, coffee, biscuits and snacks through the day plus a buffet lunch. Some people (wage slaves) are intending to stay at the hotel on Saturday night, while others (layabouts) will be staying on Sunday. Some (very definitely layabouts) will be there both nights. Rooms are available at a discounted rate of £75 single, £85 double - that's per room per night, and includes breakfast. To book a room either email ([email protected]) or phone (02476 587 473) Lisa. The discount offer may end on 6th March.

For now, please just let us know here whether you intend to come along. If you're really keen, you can pay your £20 via Paypal to [email protected] - please select 'Friends and family' to avoid fees. Make sure you put "Jamboree" on your paypal payment and email Martin.. [email protected] and you will be added to the mailing list for updates.

Attendees
Code:
Martin ✓                Phil & Lynne ✓             Bob Stammers ✓             Graeme & Sally ✓             John Young ✓      
Wully & Hilda ✓         John Morning ✓             John Roberts ✓             Kim ✓                        Steve Davis ✓
Zoe Kubiak ✓            Daz and Holly ✓            Sean ✓                     Neil Hope-Collins ✓          John Cunniffe ✓
Gordon ✓                Les Bishop ✓               Peter Perfect ✓         Martin Grafton +1 ✓          Ian  and Tina Manson ✓
Steve Bluff ✓           Steve Westall ✓            Carl Melia ✓               Paul and Lena Ball ✓         Robert Taggart ✓
Colin Bates ✓           Lynn ✓                     Johannes Esterhuyse ✓      John London ✓                Graeme Ferguson ✓
Mark & Denise Collins ✓ Filip ✓                    Peter Villette + 1  ✓
✓ payment confirmed

Last edited:

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If you plan to come please let us know as soon as possible. We can only go ahead if we hit the minimum number of 40 attendees to warrant paying for the venue

Last edited:

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
When is the Hotel info going to be available. Getting a bit close now.
I'm coming down Sat and Sun night.

Firstpeke

I am definitely interested in coming, but would also like to know hotel costs before committing to attending.

Saturday and Sunday for me also.

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
When is the Hotel info going to be available. Getting a bit close now.
I'm coming down Sat and Sun night.
We've signed the contract with the hotel, which includes an allocation of 20 rooms; the rate is £75 single, £85 double, per night including breakfast. I'm waiting to be told what needs to be done to book roooms at that rate.

Regards,
Martin

Firstpeke

I just booked the hotel but was advised the rooms are sold out at the "special rate".... had to book at a special discounted rate, which is actually their standard rate! Also non-refundable if cancelled.

So booked, but confused that there were twenty rooms available and only eighteen rooms required according to the list!