2023 Jamboree - Sunday 2nd April

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I just booked the hotel but was advised the rooms are sold out at the "special rate".... had to book at a special discounted rate, which is actually their standard rate! Also non-refundable if cancelled.

So booked, but confused that there were twenty rooms available and only eighteen rooms required according to the list!

Martin???

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
The event manager at the hotel has now got back to me. To book rooms at the discounted rate of £75 single, £85 double (per night, including breakfast), you can email ([email protected]) or call her (02476 587 473). You'll need to provide credit card details to guarantee the booking. Her name is Lisa. The discounted rate should be available to at least 6th March.

Regards,
Martin

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Book in now if you are coming. The are a few presentation but also plenty of opportunities to talk to the experts at Safe Long Distance Riding.
See above how to book rooms at the agreed rate including breakfast and parking.
Special rate is only available until 6th of March

Firstpeke

I emailed the Meetings address regarding the issue with my booking and of course got the standard excuse that I called the central bookings, despite having made a point of calling the hotel directly.
That said, I believe they have now resolved my booking and transferred it to the IBA rate.

Anyone else calling should definitely use the number provided by Martin : 02476 587 473

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
The precise running order is still being worked on, but here's the list of topics we expect to cover on the day:
  • Planning and preparing for a certificate ride;
  • Preparing for a multi-day rally;
  • Rally planning - from bonus book to intended route;
  • Rally scoring - bonus submission dos and don'ts;
  • Human factors - stress, time pressures, fatigue, decision making;
  • The Iron Butt motel and overnight stops;
  • Tracking rides with Bubbler and Spotwalla.
Sessions will be short - around half an hour, followed by Q&a/coffee breaks. There will be a number of experienced IBA members scattered around - please take the opportunity to pick their brains and benefit from their experience. There'll also be a selection of IBA merchandise available. We've got a good number of participants already, but there's room for more - please do sign up, come along and join us on the day.

Regards,
Martin

Bob M

IBA Member
Hi, can i bring a pal along, he`s not a member but has registered for the RBLR1000 and will probably find it useful.

Cheers Bob

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Looking forward to the 2nd. I'm planning to ride up from Kent. What time do you expect to start?
Hi Carl,

I suggest aiming to get there around 9:30 am or os; we'll get under way around 10, so that will give you time to change out of bike gear if you want, get a tea or coffee and some biscuits, and have a chat with the other attendees.

Regards,
Martin

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Hi, can i bring a pal along, he`s not a member but has registered for the RBLR1000 and will probably find it useful.

Cheers Bob
Hi Bob,

Yes, of course you can - provided one of you pays the £20 for him! Sounds like just the sort of person we'd like to reach.

Regards, Martin

Peter Perfect

£20 sent and my diary updated. Didn't get to the last one but looking forward to hearing all about it. 2 hrs'ish each way so no accommodation booked as yet...