2023 Ride to Eat Nr 2 Barcelona, April 15

Michiel Buitenwerf

Staff member
IBA Member
April 15, 2023
Estadi Olímpic de Montjuïc Lluís Companys, Avinguda de l’Estadi, 50-56, 08038 Barcelona, Spain
41.36487109656316, 2.1511790200877194
Olympic Games 1992
2-ES.jpg
Suggestion for hotel accomodation. Prices vary per month when booking, also booking method (booking.com and their own website).

CHANGE OF LOCATION OF HOTEL and also a very good restaurant !!

Hotel NH Barcelona Diagonal Center
C. d'Àlaba, 94-96, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
- includes a closed parking area
=> you can book online via www.nh-hotels.com or via booking.com
More hotels in the same area, like the Hotel & Spa Vila Olímpic@ Suites or the Sallès Hotel Pere IV
El Ruedo.jpg
Restaurant: El Ruedo Poblenou
C/ PERE IV Nº 34-36, 08005 Barcelona
That is a 6 minute walk from the hotel.

We have a table in the restaurant at 19.00.
So 16.00 photo at the Estadi Olímpic de Montjuïc Lluís Companys, 16:30 drinks (it is 16 min ride) and at 19.00 diner

The list:
1. Michiel Buitenwerf
2. Graeme and Sally
4. Marcus Rosenfeld
5. Gerd Heinzmann
6. Tommy Wendt
7. Michiel Kerkhof
8. Erwin Starick
9. Monique and Filip
11. Philip Weston
12. Gerhard M Krueger
13. Graeme Ferguson
14. Simon Redfer
15. Robert Hutzlmandl
16. Charlie Mccrea
17. Charlie 2 (Dogpoope)
18. Geoffrey Alexander
19. Lynn O'Kane
20. Thomas Ennemoser
21. Suzy Jansze
22. Ralf Josephs
23. Flipje (Philip) Parein
24. Arjen Stiener
25. Jon Parsell
26. Vitor Soares
27. Jonathan Baker (photo only)

Last edited:

Robert

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
Great place for an R2E; the meeting point has a splendid view over the city.
As I have lived in Barcelona, allow me some comments and ideas.

The hotel has one big asset: a parking. Parking spaces are rare in the city and an enclosed parking is really needed. Downside of the hotel: no restaurant. Although the location seems to be centric, it's in a quiet area with regard to restaurants. This has historic reasons: the southern part of the "Barrio Chino" used to be a very rough area and not a good idea to visit after sunset. A lot has changed in the last 25 years and today it is reasonable safe; the northern part has even become a hip area. The downside is that there are not really nice restaurants although there are plenty of them in Barcelona. What we should avoid: tourist traps, there are plenty of them in and next to Las Ramblas.
Another problem is the 4-5-7 rule, normally you can forget about the '7':). Typical dinner time is from 9 p.m. onwards. The only chance to have dinner at 7 is to find a restaurant that does not close during the day. This limits the number of options even more.
Barcelona is a motorcycle city and you will find parking space for motorbikes everywhere, however, not for a big group. This means a restaurant should be at walking distance. Possible areas outside Drassanes where the hotel is located include Poble Sec, Raval and the Barrio Gótico.
If people have no problem to walk between 600 - 1500 m, then there are a lot of nice restaurants that can host such a big group, this can be a very nice walk through the Old Town before dinner. If someone doesn't want to walk back: there are lots of taxis in the streets and they are rather cheap.
So if this walking distance would be acceptable, I could offer myself to find a nice restaurant (actually I have some ideas already:D) and take care of the booking.

Michiel Buitenwerf

Staff member
IBA Member
New suggestions for Hotel
Restaurant at 6 minute walk. Hotel is 16 minute drive from the Olympic Rings

Hotel NH Barcelona Diagonal Center
C. d'Àlaba, 94-96, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
- includes a closed parking area
=> you can book online via www.nh-hotels.com or via booking.com
More hotels in the same area, like the Hotel & Spa Vila Olímpic@ Suites or the Sallès Hotel Pere IV
Restaurant: El Ruedo Poblenou
C/ PERE IV Nº 34-36, 08005 Barcelona