28.08.2019 - SaddleSore 1600k in RUSSLAND

Gerhard

Ride.Eat.Sleep.Again!
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Nee nee ,

die 1.733 km sind Moskau - Millerowo - Moskau und wird von Dmitry empfohlen.

Er meint um Kasan und vor allem um Petersburg sei zu viel Verkehr..

Gerd, die Strecke, die Du vorschlägst ist ein hoher Anteil von einspurigen Strassen..

Ich will es nur zu Bedenken geben, bin aber für alles zu haben.. :)

No no,

the 1,733 km are Moscow - Millerowo - Moscow and recommended by Dmitry.

He says that there is too much traffic around Kazan and especially around Petersburg.

Gerd, the regarding the route you propose .. there is a high proportion of single-lane roads.

Only my thoughts, but I'm good for anything .. :)

Last edited:

Gerd Heinzmann

Ah, wenn das hin und zurück ist, siehts natürlich anders aus. Einverstanden

Ah, if that's back and forth, it looks different, of course. Agreed.

Gerd Heinzmann

500 Meter vor der Ausfahrt Millerowo und 500 Meter nach der Auffahrt gibt es eine Autobahn-Tankstelle, die rund um die Uhr geöffnet hat.

Tankstelle Millerowa.JPG
Also es hat in beiden Fahrtrichtungen je eine ;-)

There is a gas station pretty close to the Exit Millerowo.

AyrtonO

Premier Member
Dmitry is correct. Kazan is full of tourists all the time and Spb...well, is Spb. There is modern motorway circling Spb but it's hit and miss will there be jams or not. And opposite to many other countries, in Russia there can be lots traffic all through the night as well. Not to mention that generally russian drivers have got their licenses from lottery, not driving schools. So with bike, have to be doubletime careful. Another advice, get international driving license copy, IDP. in a case you get problem with russian police, give them that one not your local one (which you have forgot some hotel etc).

Last edited:

Gerhard

Ride.Eat.Sleep.Again!
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi Jungs,
wie bereits befürchtet muss ich absagen.
Ich bitte daher einen anderen Teilnehmer die Moderation zwecks Termine, Hotel und Strecke zu übernehmen.
Ich wünsche allen viel Spaß.

Hi guys,
sorry, but I have to cancel.
I therefore ask another participant to take over the moderation for dates, hotel and route.
I wish you all a lot of fun.

michiel kerkhof

European Ride to Eat Coordinator
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
[
Hi guys,
sorry, but I have to cancel.
I therefore ask another participant to take over the moderation for dates, hotel and route.
I wish you all a lot of fun.
[/QUOTE]
Too bad but your health comes first...we can always do the rides later once you fit again.....I'll just create another RTE in combi with it!!
Oh and not me for the coordination I have a little bit too much on my plate this year privately and ridewise....still not 100% sure I can do the Ruski SS myself as I struggle with dates to et my visa organised I leave here on june 8 and return by july 24 very short period to organise my visa for Russia between then and aug 20 to be safe....working on solving it....reverting asap....

Gerd Heinzmann

Are the other guys on the list still interrested ?
If yes, I would try to step in for Gerhard and help organising hotels and so on.
Please drop a short note who's still in
Thanks
gerd

Kim Leeson

Selfie Stick King
Premier Member
IBA Member
Are the other guys on the list still interrested ?
If yes, I would try to step in for Gerhard and help organising hotels and so on.
Please drop a short note who's still in
Thanks
gerd
Hi Gerd,

Afraid Jon Cunniffe (Jon12A) and I are no longer going to Russia, we decided it was too much considering the 12Stunden and ERTE...I think this is a good decision especially after watching what Robert and John cope with a 12.5 hr Border crossing this weekend.

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Still busy working on my visa....arranged an int drivers license meanwhile 1 steo at the time....hoping to know more bout visa be4 I leave for the IBR saturday june 8,,,,,untill then I'm in anyway!!!
Letter of invitation arranged with Real Russia appointment made at embassy on july 25 which is abt 2,5 weeks be4 departure at an extra fee I shud have my visa 3 days later maybe even 1 day later...providing all docs are acceptabl;e to them and I'm not appearing on a most wanted list!!So whatever needs to be booked or fixed for the ride please go ahead and book it for me...I will try and read here as well as my email once I'm underway to Greenville for the IBR...my email address is [email protected]....or on my phone [email protected]

Gerhard

Ride.Eat.Sleep.Again!
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Been to the Russians meanwhile Visa is on it's way here and should arrive prior to aug 15 so I will be in Moscow on time!!
Perfect.. my visum arrived 2 weeks ago.

So .. all visums and hotels are managed and booked, "we five" are all ready to go, right ?

We just have to agree on a SS1600K - route.

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Perfect.. my visum arrived 2 weeks ago.

So .. all visums and hotels are managed and booked, "we five" are all ready to go, right ?

We just have to agree on a SS1600K - route.
I dont really vare what we ride Mosc-Kazan Mosc or the other version I am a democrate so whereever the majority wants to go I'll go!!

Mr Frank

Premier Member
My visa is as well scheduled to arrive 15th of August latest. That counts as "ready to go" :)

Like Giel I'm not fixed on a specific route, direction or city to drive to. But Dimitri as a local knows the area quite well, so his proposal should be a good option....

Gerhard

Ride.Eat.Sleep.Again!
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Like Giel I'm not fixed on a specific route, direction or city to drive to. But Dimitri as a local knows the area quite well, so his proposal should be a good option....
Yes, same here .. I am also not fixed on a specific route.

Last edited: