2nd best riding gear?

know aerostitch is the gear that the top ld riders use, but what are some other brands that are just as good, I'm having a hard time swallowing the $1000 plus price on a riding suit, I looked at klim, but have no idea what to even look at, I've been using tourmaster for a long time, would like to get something that's good in both summer and winter and something waterproof do have to carry a rain suit anymore.

MTStarrett

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I've been using FirstGear Kilimanjaro jackets and HT Overpants for years. Good ventilation, good weather protection and pretty good pocket placement. Liners included for the coldest days. Prices are reasonable at Motorcyclegear.com and Revzilla.com. On long rides and rallies I wear these with LDComfort long sleeve shirt and tights. I've been comfortable from 40 to 114 degrees. I've also unfortunately been down once in them, and the protection was good. I like the light grey color, as it's more visible and very cool.

I don't recommend the Hi-Viz. Its a different material than the other colors. It gets dirty, fades and is hard to clean. This is true of all Hi-viz materials I've seen in moto gear.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
There would also be fans of Motoport gear as well. This stuff is custom made, and the starting prices are in the general price range that 'stitch goes for.

Klim also has fans out there...much of it truly comes down to your body size and shape.

Alterations from 'standard sizes' always makes the price jump.

Patrick Ford

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
know aerostitch is the gear that the top ld riders use, but what are some other brands that are just as good,
We used to have a bunch of cheaper gear which if the cost of was added up we could have gotten Aerostich the first time.
I just got a new Darien as a present from my wife. The old one (2005 vintage) was Hi Vis and looked awful. The jacket worked fine but made me look like a homeless motorcycle rider, so said my wife.