3 Centre RTE 22 May 2021

Peter Perfect

Lastly the order now Peter as listed them 1,2,3, thanks Peter.....

......The order that works for me is Wales, England, Scotland. However the order may be down to you and what works for you.......

So time to discuss.
Hi Wully,

I listed 2, 1, 3 (also Wales, England Scotland) but we choose any order, I suppose..

Peter Perfect

For those that do Facebook I've posted an article on there from BIKE Magazine's Feb 2021 issue, Ryan Decarteret riding to these three pubs in a day and adding a lap of the M25 to top 1,000 miles in a day..!!

Peter Perfect

I've already done the sums.., from home (Walton-on-Thames) if I go England, Wales, Scotland, and home again, it tops 1,000 miles..., and I haven't done one on this bike yet..!!

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Well today we find out what's going to happen in England, the question mark is Wales and Scotland.

If they open their borders and allow freedom of travel, we can bring our own food and drink can we.
We hope and pray for freedom of travel, please, please, please.

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Don't get over exited Wully it's a case of hurry up and wait.
Sportsman's arms to Wanlockhead inn via tanhill 5h 15min 278 miles me coming from Dartford 4h 30min 242 miles are we going to wait for B&B/hotel/camp sites to open? Otherwise it's going to be a looong day unless we make a saddle sore out of it.
From Wanlockhead head Bothwell services M74, Dreghorn link A720, Berwick on tweed A1, Jedburgh A68, Ferrybridge services A1, Dartford
19 hrs 49 mins 1052 miles.

Last edited:

owl*

Rally Bonus checker
IBA Member
Same for me from Canterbury - It's a ride I'd like to do, but will wait until I can get pub lodgings.

Ian M

Well today we find out what's going to happen in England, the question mark is Wales and Scotland.

If they open their borders and allow freedom of travel, we can bring our own food and drink can we.
We hope and pray for freedom of travel, please, please, please.
12th April onward

wales and scotland are very likely to follow suit would be difficult to justify later

wales may be open for Easter BH

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Hospitality open from 12th April, but only for outdoor service; rule of six still in force. 17th May: pubs and restaurants can have people inside, subject to rule of 6 - outdoor limit is 30. Hotels also open. It should be noted that they are the earliest possible dates; any setbacks are likely to push them back.

Regards,
Martin

Peter Perfect

Message on another thread from the Chairman, Fazer Phil..... The key phrase seems to be this one...

"we will not verify rides until at least May 17th"

Full message reads as follows...

"Route out of lockdown. 22nd Feb 2021
Following the latest government plan.
The advice is to still to minimize travel until May 17th when overnight stays will be allowed. There is nothing to stop us going on short rides but we will not verify rides until at least May 17th.
All our rallies and the RBLR1000 will go ahead with the same formats though the Rules will be tweaked if necessary.
When all the restrictions are lifted, after June 21st, we will once again have a Ride To Eat somewhere in the middle of the country and get back to what we do best.
Get out and ride."

Perhaps a postponement is preferable, for those that want to turn this into a SS1000..?

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Firstly I apologise for the delay,
RTE and rides aren't going ahead until after the 17th May it then starts to get rather congested so what do people want to do?
Now it's a break out ride so is the 22nd May ok. I know it's a week before the invictus tour may be a good opportunity to give bikes a shake down test.

Let me know

Last edited:

Peter Perfect

22 May I'll already be in Yorkshire, on a Weekend with London Motorcycle Riders Club. I promise to wave..!!

I may still do the Three Highest Pubs run at another time.. , I just need to work out when..., wait for two days off in a row, I suppose.....