4 Corners / Full Monty

Hi all, I’m planning on a long run during June and issues I thought I previously saw on the website don’t seem to be there. Most importantly, is there a very specific location in Lowestoft or St David’s required or will any fuel receipt showing the place name work ? Secondly, I recall seeing something about nested rides but now can’t see that either - assuming I successfully complete the full monty, does the 4 corners become irrelevant ?

I‘m aiming for a dry weekend in June, first corner will be Lowestoft.

Thanks

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Doesn't have to be a fuel receipt. Does have to show location, ie Lowestoft, St Davids, etc. Part of the planning is to arrive at Lands End and John O'Groats when the shops/hotel are open and you can get a receipt. St Davids could be problematic overnight for a receipt (I think there is only one cashpoint) but Lowestoft isn't such a problem for receipts, plenty of garages.

You have to complete a 4 Corners to complete the Full Monty. So it can't be nested. But document the first and last corner of your 4 corners (start and finish) in case you don't make the full Monty.

Not sure about nesting the 4 Corners Gold as technically you don't have to do the 4 Corners Gold to complete the Full Monty. Lowestoft, Lands End, St Davids, JoG was the route I used for my 4 Corners Gold.

Good luck with the ride(s).

Last edited:
Thanks. You’re right - St David’s appears to be the challenge as I’ll get there at a very unsociable time and the fuel stop closes at 9pm. Google options underway… Interesting point on the nesting. I’m going to document all stops fully so I have options. Lands End will be the last of the 4, and then I’ll have to get back to Colchester for the full.

Firstpeke

I don't remember seeing one last trip..... just the guys at the "gatehouse"!

There is a cashpoint but of course the shops need to be open to access that and it was dead on my last visit!

Thanks - I have different issues for JOG/LE as I understand I need to be there during normal opening hours anyway, hence the headache if something is problematic in St David’s.

Firstpeke

There's a pay and display car park at St David's not far along from the Ocean Haze petrol station, not sure if it is active out of daytime hours but worth a punt if stuck!

I don't remember seeing one last trip..... just the guys at the "gatehouse"!

There is a cashpoint but of course the shops need to be open to access that and it was dead on my last visit!
This is the machine I remember, though it may not be there now its a while since I was there. Picture from Goole maps
Pay.jpg

Thanks - I have different issues for JOG/LE as I understand I need to be there during normal opening hours anyway, hence the headache if something is problematic in St David’s.
Again not sure if its still there but again this is from google maps its at 51.881053622175855, -5.265356114718203

Cash Point.jpg

Firstpeke

Well that says a lot for my powers of observation doesn't it......... the image on Google maps is from 2015 so can't say I have noticed it, even though I have been there several times this last year or so!

I did see another cashpoint in St David's at the Nisa supermarket in New Street though, again Google maps but the image is 2022!

Graham Small

ED_F
IBA Member
Well that says a lot for my powers of observation doesn't it......... the image on Google maps is from 2015 so can't say I have noticed it, even though I have been there several times this last year or so!

I used the cashpoint in St David's at the Nisa supermarket in New Street though, again Google maps but the image is 2022!
I used the cash point at the Nisa supermarket in St David’s, 2nd April this year. The fuel station on the way in looked like it had closed permanently. There is a car park as you enter St David’s, but the machine was not working. I would not trust that the car park machine at Lands End would be working either. Far better, as has been mentioned, to adjust timings so you arrive at LE and JOG during normal opening times. My route went St David’s, LE, Lowestoft day 1, JOG and back to start day 2. Somehow managed the FM with 2 1/2 hrs to spare.
Very best of luck with your ride.

I used the cash point at the Nisa supermarket in St David’s, 2nd April this year. The fuel station on the way in looked like it had closed permanently. There is a car park as you enter St David’s, but the machine was not working. I would not trust that the car park machine at Lands End would be working either. Far better, as has been mentioned, to adjust timings so you arrive at LE and JOG during normal opening times. My route went St David’s, LE, Lowestoft day 1, JOG and back to start day 2. Somehow managed the FM with 2 1/2 hrs to spare.
Very best of luck with your ride.
The rules require I’m at LEJOG in opening hours anyway, which is why managing the other 2 corners is important. Lowestoft seems ok. St David’s less so.

Is the cash machine at st davids working 24/7?
Is it possible to get a e2e gold included and could reach both LE and JoG during working hours.

Has Anyone included e2e gold in a full monty ? Thank you

I believe the bank ATM is no more I was lucky as it was still working when I did mine. There is a fuel stop just outside St David but not 24 hours.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
There are Pubs/Hotels in St Davids where you might get a receipt. You could phone them.

So st davids can be unlocked 24/7 either at pubs/hotels or the fuel stop before it. Hope that fuel stop is accepted by verification team.

But to get e2e gold in this ride one needs to be at LE and JoG at day times. How to do that with the few hours break in between. That break cannot be taken when doing that e2e gold.