48/10 question

I have been planning the 48/10. But I am a little confused ( my term) in one description it says " In 10 Days" 240 hours I assume. In another area it states in LESS than 10 days ie...216 hours or less. I would like clarification. I know I should just email MK but I figure he's really busy....lol

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I have been planning the 48/10. But I am a little confused ( my term) in one description it says " In 10 Days" 240 hours I assume. In another area it states in LESS than 10 days ie...216 hours or less. I would like clarification. I know I should just email MK but I figure he's really busy....lol
"Less than 10 days" does not mean 216 hours or less. Two hundred sixteen hours is 9 days. Would you not agree that 9 days and 1 hour is still less than 10 days? So is 9 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds. That one second is the difference between "less than 10 days" and "10 days or less".

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I didnt expect to debate perspective but....<10 does not = 10. So, ì asked for clarification. I thank you kindly
Perhaps you're being a bit too literal, but as you see now it's 10 days or less. Or perhaps it would be clearer if it read "within 10 days".

The question has been answered. But your condescending sarcasm has been well taken. If you must know my plans, and ability to plan, i just hope to have an extra day to spend with my sister, who has blood cancer.
But thank you for being so kind and helpful.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
"condescending sarcasm"? :rolleyes: There has been nothing but helpful answers here. Especially considering how less-than-clear you were with leaving out references to the pages that were confusing you.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I know...aged posting...

I have been planning the 48/10. But I am a little confused ( my term) in one description it says " In 10 Days" 240 hours I assume. In another area it states in LESS than 10 days ie...216 hours or less. I would like clarification.
Just to let the OP know, I made the same query in a different LD-riding-specific mail list a few years ago, as I was planning mine.

Despite having 9 days, 23:59:59 to complete the ride, my planned duration was 8 days, 23:59:59 for the ride, which was successful.

Last edited: