4th Annual Celina Ride to Eat: Sat April 7, 2018 Lucy's on the Square, Celina, TX

Paul Tong

Heart of Texas Rally; LDX Rally
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Greetings to all:
This is a shameless solicitation to all you motorcycle deviants and miscreants who enjoy riding extreme distances for no other reason that to see other fellow reprobates and eat greasy, artery-clogging food.

In 2015, Reno John of Big Money Rally fame, asked me to hold a Ride To Eat in north Texas as a stop for one of his BMR bonus events. I have loved the quiet little town of Celina, TX since I moved to the area several years ago. This little town has a unique town square with several nice little eateries surrounding this stop on one of the better motorcycle roads in north Texas (FM 455). We had such a great time welcoming all the BMR riders and we had the run of the town square. In 2016, we held the Diet NIITWIt Rally finish in the same location in conjunction with the 2nd Annual Celina RTE.

For the 4th Annual Celina RTE, we have again reserved the town square and run off the locals so we can take over in grand LD rider style. We will be gathering about 11am with the goal of heading into Lucy's on the Square for lunch at around 12 pm (Central), although you can go in and get your lunch whenever the heck you feel like it.

This would be a great way for all you IBA members and future IBR participants to meet some IBR finishers and other additional long-distance notables. The event is free, we just ask that you register on RideMaster ( https://rides.jasonjonas.com/index.php ) so we can let the restaurant know how many people to expect. Nobody wants one waitress trying to refill 250 iced-tea glasses. There are hotels in the area if you are coming from a good distance.

This year we will have a special recognition for : THE LONGEST RIDE IN ; THE LONGEST RIDE VS ENGINE DISPLACEMENT ; and THE BEST DRESSED RIDER. This could prove to be REALLY interesting.

Sign-up for both the Heart of Texas Rally and the 4th Annual Celina RTE can be found at : https://rides.jasonjonas.com/index.php

Thanks,

Paul Tong
Rallymaster, NIITWIt Rallies
[email protected]

Paul Tong

Heart of Texas Rally; LDX Rally
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Paul...
Can you recommend a few motels in the area?

Thanks
ADanger

I tell you what, that place is growing up so fast, there seems to be something new down the road each week. Only problem is that it ain't hotels.

Celina is right smack dab in middle of three larger cites: McKinney, Denton, and Sherman. Each of those host a plethora of inexpensive hotel options (Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, Roadway Inn, LaQuinta, etc) and of course nicer options. It depends on where you're coming from. Each city is 20-25 min from Celina. I think Denton and McKinney each have a Days Inn, Comfort Inn, and Best Western which are easy on the pocketbook. When out motorcycling, I tend to lean towards the Comfort Inn, Sleep Inn group of hotels because they have all kinds of discounts if you just ask and they are all over the place.

I hope this helps.

-Paul