A bit busted up

Enterprise

Premier Member
G'day

Just to let you know that Shane "Cuddles" Cudlin is currently in John Hunter Hospital at Newcastle following an accident at Barrington Tops in the early afternoon 3 October.

Don't know much about the accident other than that he was by himself at the time and was "found in a ditch" apparently. Airlifted to Newcastle. Injuries include many broken things, leg, sternum, ribs, collar bone, punctured lung. Probably some other stuff as well. Anyway enough to "milk it" for a while.

He's surprisingly good though considering, although a little embarrassed he went on a tax payer funded helicopter ride that he doesn't remember. Can't remember anything about the accident, and still a bit vague generally but no doubt that will improve once the drugs wear off a little. He's ably surrounded by family at the moment.

He will be out of action for a little while I expect. More updates later when more is known but he's primarily ok albeit a bit busted up.

tj189

Premier Member
Sorry to hear of this, thank you for letting us know. Glad to know that he he is in good hands. best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Not remembering a scenic helo ride, that's not good.

At least he is in the great hands now and wish him a speedy recovery!

kwaka

Premier Member
Thanks for the heads up John.
Oh man! Busted bones and punctured lung, ouch! Heal up quick and fast Shane, all the best for a full recovery.

Chook chasing turning pear shaped and getting away from you mate so I'd guess your upcoming ride to Silverton is now a non-event uh?
Main thing is that your here to talk about and able to "milk it", lol...

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Cuddles sounds really busted up, not good but here's to a speedy recovery and many more miles on the Tenere
Is it too early to say he won't be at Silverton?

Vlad

Premier Member
That's bad news John. I'm glad he's ok.
Best wishes to Shane ,Annette and family for a speedy recovery

Nico

Well-known Member. Moderator
Catching more of the details on farcebook, it was a big one. Shane was most of the day in surgery.
Rod in lower leg having broken tibia and fibula badly. Plate in broken collarbone. Fractured ribs, C4, sternum.
Some internal organ damage.
I'm sure more details will be forthcoming in time.
My thoughts go out to Shane and Annette as they begin what will be a big journey.

Enterprise

Premier Member
Have just spoken with Annette. Shane is doing ok considering. He's got a few hurdles to get over in the short term. He's had a lengthy operation on his leg and his collar bone / shoulder. Both pretty serious problems because of the nature of the injuries. Hopefully there won't be any complications from that.

He's likely to be in the ICU for at least the rest of the week, so won't be able to have standard visitors until he is out of there. I'll let everyone know when he makes it to a standard ward and post some details. For those that have facebook Annette has been posting updates every now and then.

Enterprise

Premier Member
Those in the know please advise when Shane can have visitors.
He's likely to be in the ICU for at least the rest of the week, so won't be able to have standard visitors until he is out of there. I'll let everyone know when he makes it to a standard ward and post some details. For those that have facebook Annette has been posting updates every now and then.

Marls

Thinking of you all, hope all is hassle free, and heal well Shane, glad you've got the family around to help and support.