A place to discuss your upcoming rides

Fatman

LTP and I met Hackle at Marong on his way southbound around 3pm today.

He had no problems to that point and looked like a man on a mission, and considering Hackle had been in Covid lockdowns and not being able to ride for some time, I say he was doing a great job.

Not far to go now Hackle! :)

HACKLE

Well as Fatman said, I was feeling great when I met he and LTP at Marong. Things didn't change on the last part to Trafalgar. With my start docket at 00.02 am. and my finish docket at 18.03 pm. it's the quickest SS1600 I've done so far. I had on my heated top but not the bottom and socks, so the bottom part of me felt a little chilly on the ride to Bairnsdale and back to Melbourne and north till the temperature got up a bit. I was starting to feel tired [yawning a lot] as the temperature jumped to 25 C at Mildura.
Of came the heated top and with the liner and jacket opened a little the return ride to Marong was easy. Heated jacket back on for the last bit home. I had planned to stop at BP Officer Outbound for fuel but decided to continue home to Trafalgar for the last fuel/finish docket for the ride.
All up I really was surprised how the body felt after 21 weeks of not having sat on the bike. I'll fess up that I was in bed by 20.30 pm. and didn't surface till after 10 am. this morning. Body needed the rest/sleep.
Now all that remains is to send in the paperwork and wait for the certificate to arrive. Oh and by the way the new front mudguard stayed exactly where it was supposed to. Cheers.

Tele

Premier Member
Not bad at all for a young bloke like yourself Hackle! Very well done lad! Excellent ride considering a 21 week break. So pleased that someone is in a 'safe zone' that allows an element of freedom to complete such a ride. And no one would begrudge you great nights rest after such a fine effort. Most of all ... Rule No. 1. Home safe and sound. Congratulations on such a top effort.

HACKLE

As a follow up to my ride on Friday. I emailed my application to Howard Entman yesterday and got an immediate reply saying he had received it. Then this morning a further email from him confirming that my application had been processed/approved and was listed on the IBA ride list. Also my certificate was being forwarded to me. Great service for a non premier member. Now not only the quickest SS1600 I've done but also the quickest approval for a ride. Thank you Howard.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
As a follow up to my ride on Friday. I emailed my application to Howard Entman yesterday and got an immediate reply saying he had received it. Then this morning a further email from him confirming that my application had been processed/approved and was listed on the IBA ride list. Also my certificate was being forwarded to me. Great service for a non premier member. Now not only the quickest SS1600 I've done but also the quickest approval for a ride. Thank you Howard.
That is quick!! Good stuff Hackle

HACKLE

Today I received a nice certificate recognising my in state SS1600. It was forwarded from Chris Wiltshire in New Zealand on behalf of the IBA. I'm very pleased with such prompt service, when you consider their are applicants still waiting months for replies. I might add that my applications email was correct in every way. Stay safe while out there everyone.

Biggles

Premier Member
Today I received a nice certificate recognising my in state SS1600. It was forwarded from Chris Wiltshire in New Zealand on behalf of the IBA. I'm very pleased with such prompt service
As a Premium member I envy the promptness of the service you have received. That said, one of the factors holding up certificates here is the availability of a plane to bring the bit of paper from Auckland to Oz. One day in the distant future a plane might deliver a wad of the approved paper to a worthy IBA Member in Oz who can be trusted to print off a file sent through the electronic channels that have been established in these modern days. Maybe. :rolleyes:

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Ive looked all about the house and can find no suitable place to plonk down some good info on fuel.
So Armidale on the New England hwy now has a new 24/7 servo.
Its on the Hwy South of the current Airport servo. turn east at the big new roundabout.
Connetic is the trader and Heresville is the commercial precinct.

Clean amenities, best fuel prices all round roomy and proving to be popular. Table to sit and coffee machines etc
Edit. Time, date and location all clear and correct and at the top of the docket.
Ill test it for the muster.

This location has fresh food ,sandwiches and hot food and is proving very popular.

Last edited:

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Had a trip out west over the weekend. I noticed the MC shop Parisis closed. Just did a street view too. Streetview date Dec 22
Bloody shame that.
Not a lot of choice now once you leave Broken Hill. Moree, Dubbo, Gunnedah,
Ouch.

Ed.

Premier Member
Ah! Shop name, not location. Iwas trying to make it into a typo for a town name. My best guess was Cobar from Gatey's description of the only other alternatives.

Cha
Well as Fatman said, I was feeling great when I met he and LTP at Marong. Things didn't change on the last part to Trafalgar. With my start docket at 00.02 am. and my finish docket at 18.03 pm. it's the quickest SS1600 I've done so far. I had on my heated top but not the bottom and socks, so the bottom part of me felt a little chilly on the ride to Bairnsdale and back to Melbourne and north till the temperature got up a bit. I was starting to feel tired [yawning a lot] as the temperature jumped to 25 C at Mildura.
Of came the heated top and with the liner and jacket opened a little the return ride to Marong was easy. Heated jacket back on for the last bit home. I had planned to stop at BP Officer Outbound for fuel but decided to continue home to Trafalgar for the last fuel/finish docket for the ride.
All up I really was surprised how the body felt after 21 weeks of not having sat on the bike. I'll fess up that I was in bed by 20.30 pm. and didn't surface till after 10 am. this morning. Body needed the rest/sleep.
Now all that remains is to send in the paperwork and wait for the certificate to arrive. Oh and by the way the new front mudguard stayed exactly where it was supposed to. Cheers.
Champion effort mate..well done and I'm glad to see you still have the processes to succeed

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Little update for those who use Moombi on the New England Hwy as a corner and track to head west via Davidsons lane and Appleby Lane to Gunnedah or the reverse heading to Walcha or Armadale.

For some months Davidsons Lane has been closed due to flood damage. The low level causeway has been totally replaced.
However Moombi Gap Rd is undergoing a pretty large re alignment and looks to me like this will take many many months.
The road is open and navigable under road work conditions as of my visit today.

Currently this great alternative to the drag down round and through Tamworth when heading west or the reverse is open for business.

Another observation made today.
Road works on the Oxley between Bendemeer and Wollan Rd ( Walcha Rail) are sketchy at best. The bits without the stone are slick when wet and the other option is a layer of 40mm stones many inches deep. I've no idea when that work is scheduled to be completed.
I tested it out and also watched a local loose his ute caught out by the rapid changes in surface traction.

Was up in Chinchilla QLD for a few days recently.
Coffee Club is by far the best place for an early breakfast. Clean neat and ready to please.