ACT Insanity June 2020

thommo

Premier Member
IBA Member
Sadly this ride is postponed until further notice. I don't see the current travel restrictions in the current environment changing much for the next few months and If my understanding is correct, NSW restrictions as they currently stand will be in place until end of June at the minimum.

I'm starting to resign myself to the fact that a couple of long term timed rides I'm around 3/4 completing will have to be started again. That's just the way things roll.

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
See Thommos post #24. Been postponed until further notice.
I doubt we'll be allowed out to play by then.
I agree Phil. I am looking at a later date as soon as ACT is out of some lock-downs, especially for those coming from Interstate, such as QLD and SA, and also when ACT Allows more than two, to congregate.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
TigerBill and I rode a perfectly legal 500km yesterday in NSW. We are out of form and likely would have been passed several times in the day by an IBA-ride Postie Bike if there was such a thing out there yesterday.

Just a big loop in the Hunter, lots of nice dirt, back roads, great scenerey and nary a kangaroo in sight.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
TigerBill and I rode a perfectly legal 500km yesterday in NSW. We are out of form and likely would have been passed several times in the day by an IBA-ride Postie Bike if there was such a thing out there yesterday.

Just a big loop in the Hunter, lots of nice dirt, back roads, great scenerey and nary a kangaroo in sight.
I think it’s fair to say a fair few riders may not be ride fit coming out of the lock down!

Im planning a few “shorter” Rides in the coming weeks/months as I start to build back into things

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Went for a 500km ride yesterday in the cold and rain, wanted to try a new seat from Ergo (Qld) on the GSA.

Dark O'Clock and ready to ride

Sunrise near Goulburn

Slow & steady on the descent down Kangaroo Valley - was slippery!

Taking a moment in the Valley

Enjoying the road over the ranges to Berry

Home in time for lunch, after a steady 500km

The verdict on the seat is it needs more time and miles. A very different feel to previous seats. A good hit out, but more work needed to get back to ride fitness.