ACT Insanity - Question

Farkleit

Premier Member
Yes, OK, TJ - I'm so sorry I haven't done the Ride Requirements yet!

Here is a pic of the map/route we used. Each lap was about 80.4km from memory. We used ONE fuel stop, in Hume. Friends parked there for the whole of the ride and, with Mike Kneebone's prior permission, we used only them as "lap scorers/checkers", a la the Isle of Man TT1000 ride a few months beforehand. For each lap, our odo reading, time of day and lap number were recorded for each rider on a master sheet.

The eventual Ride Requirements doco will include a copy of the Basecamp file and the Lap Scoring Master sheet (if required or thought necessary).

View attachment 274
You would want to ensure that it was summer time to attempt this one, certainly not a winter ride if your from up north...... Canberra is one of the coldest places i know of.

spanner

You would want to ensure that it was summer time to attempt this one, certainly not a winter ride if your from up north...... Canberra is one of the coldest places i know of.

yeah i know ..... I was born there and realised that there were far warmer places to be when I was 21 and made like a rat out of an aqueduct off to Sunny Nth Qld.