"ACT Insanity" Ride Planned (June)

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Well that was an event. More stories to tell than a Hans Christian Andersen kids book. All welcome at the "Post" Brunch - Walt and Burley Cafe, Kingston Foreshore, 10.30am Sunday (Today). Oh, and I will write it up on my blog - after I have compared notes with riders and volunteers to keep the innocent - innocent! (And a special thank you to the volunteers who kept the hot chocs, pizza and sandwiches coming.) And signed our kilometer-edge.

HACKLE

Congratulations to all the "hardy souls" / finishers. An extremely good effort by all. Commiserations to those that had issues and didn't see the ride out. There may well be the summer version to aim for. To Olaf, your organisation of this extravaganza was great. I'm sure all participants appreciated your effort. Once again, from a warm couch potato, congratulations. Eagerly awaiting the reports of this "ACT Insanity Ride".

Olaf Moon

"And I think to myself...."
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Congratulations to all the "hardy souls" / finishers. An extremely good effort by all. Commiserations to those that had issues and didn't see the ride out. There may well be the summer version to aim for. To Olaf, your organisation of this extravaganza was great. I'm sure all participants appreciated your effort. Once again, from a warm couch potato, congratulations. Eagerly awaiting the reports of this "ACT Insanity Ride".
Thanks Hackle. Yes, I will have a "Blog" done for today and will post the link here...

SimonB

Premier Member
As a rider in the 'ACT Insanity' yesterday I'd like to acknowledge and thank the witnesses. Without you kind folks huddled at a petrol station in Canberra in winter we wouldn't be able to ride around in circles and have our ride certified. There's always a danger in listing people, because I don't want to leave anyone out. If I have, could someone add them please? There were a couple of others I saw that I didn't get to speak to because I needed to get back on the road.

So a big thank you to:
  • Sheryle
  • Sian
  • Nev
  • Kiwi Martin
  • Ed.
  • Bill aka IBA-Tiger
  • Lionel (who kindly put his caravan at the petrol station for the other witnesses)
  • Shane aka ACT-Capo
  • John Sullivan (who signed my form but I'd not met before)
  • Anyone else?
And who could forget Olaf who organised the ride. Thanks Olly. Well planned, organised and ridden.

It was a different, certainly not a plain vanilla SS1600k. Well done everyone!

Last edited:

Rusjel

Premier Member
I'll try to write something semi intelligent when I get my head around events of yesterday!

Thanks Olaf for organising. Thanks to the volunteers who provided and peopled the caravan, signed our logs with a smile and kept us encouraged and motivated all day.

That was a very different discipline to any othe ride I've been a part of. My head is still out there somewhere, seeing those speed cameras, missing that mongrel light onto the Madura parkway again and again and again and again...

Wombattle

Now that was fun! Thanks to all the volunteers who helped out. It went like clockwork (at least for me, I didn't go anti-clockwork-wise) Too soon? ;)

Great riding, perfect weather, ACT drivers are lunatics which made it all the more fun. Great photos too Nev and Ed, I might pinch one or two if you don't mind.

Fatman

LTP and I just arrived home after spending the night at Hackles, thanks Hackle for putting up with us for the night.

A big thank you to Olly for organising this ride and all the helpers who stood out in the cold waiting for us to arrive to sign our paperwork for each lap.

It was a challenging ride with traffic lights, cars, roundabouts, show traffic to contend with, speed cameras and what seemed to be about 10000 gear changes however we rode at a pace to ensure we could make it to the end.

Did Fatman & Lynne finish....
Thanks for thinking of us Chicky.