Adventure bike rider festival 2023

madmac

As coordinator for the IBA pitch at the 2023 ABR festival I have now got a discount code for anyone who wants to book tickets.
Please use IBA5 when booking your tickets and this should give you a 5% discount.
Currently I am working hard to ensure we have a better presence at this year's festival than we have had in the past couple of years.
Fingers crossed for yet another epic event which is not to be missed.

Attachments

madmac

We are only allocated 6 free tickets but I have been asked to try and organise more, unfortunately the best I can do is get some extra tickets which will be discounted.
So I need names of those that will be in attendance for the ABR festival stand.

1. Philip Weston
2. Mark Collins
3. Denise Collins
4. Jon Porter +1
5. Greame Dawson +1
6. Kim Leeson
7. Bob Clarke
8.Greame Ferguson
9. Charlie McCrea +1
10. Gordon Sears

The plan will be to share the cost of tickets so if your name is on the list please verify that you can and will display your bike, and please let me know if you have already booked tickets as I know some of you have already done so.

madmac

An update that I didn't expect
We are only getting a 3 mtr x 9 mtr pitch which is roughly the same as last yr.
Disappointed with the ABR as they have now asked us to down size unless we pay for the larger pitch.
So at this rate we may well be pulling the stand altogether but don't let this put you off, the festival is very worthwhile going to so if you have already got tickets that's great do go and enjoy what they have to offer.

Safari Ferg

Safari Ferg, President IBA Ireland
Premier Member
They are getting above themselves, I think 2023 will be my last one (rumour has it they are looking to up the numbers from 12K this to 16K next year and 20K the following), I thoroughly enjoyed Nick Sander's Mini Mach at the end of August, already booked for the Mach in May and the Mini Mach.

madmac

Just a quick update on the ABR festival
We will be having a stand there but only limited capacity, enough room for possibly 5/6 bikes at the very top.
upto yet i have not got any tickets so i cannot allocte any to those who have show an interest in displaying their bike on the stand for the weekend.
Regardless of wether your displaying or not, this is a great event to go to and an ideal opportunity for us as a world leading Motorcycle association to have a good shin dig.

Johnny_M

I have booked to go to ABR Festival, I have weekend tickets and VIP, I used the discount code, if you need it you can have my bike on the stand (GSA) and I can take a turn on the stand if needed. I will be accompanying some non IBA friends so if you are tight for space I will be fine in the general camping area. Happy to help if I can.

madmac

I have booked to go to ABR Festival, I have weekend tickets and VIP, I used the discount code, if you need it you can have my bike on the stand (GSA) and I can take a turn on the stand if needed. I will be accompanying some non IBA friends so if you are tight for space I will be fine in the general camping area. Happy to help if I can.
Glad the discount worked and thanks for the offer of placing your bike on the stand, I think that we should have enough bikes to display.
We had hoped for a better plot with more space but it was scaled back by the event organisers unfortunately.
I should be there Thursday late morning time setting up and I will try and get an iba flag flying on my tent fingers crossed other members may see it and camp near.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Masterclass Tent hosted by Vanessa Ruck The Girl on a Bike

Saturday 4.30pm
How to ride a 1000 mile day.
You must be mad.

I'm going to educate the masses....

If you are there grab a front row seat.

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I'm out for this one. Too much still to do for our trip next week.
You guys enjoy.

Last edited:

madmac

Many thanks to everyone who attended and to those who helped on the stand.
Big shout out to Jon Porter who did a charity ride for prostate cancer while attending the event.

Dave28117

Premier Member
Did any of you guys get to visit with Noraly? I love following her on the youtube channel. she posted that she took a break from Africa to go back and attend.