Aerostich suits

ibafran

Glad to read that so many are happy. I have 2 of the RC 1pc original (classic?). Both bought off the factory sale rack. Both crotches leaked but not every time. Seat never passed a drop. After about 4yrs on each, left arm leaked above elbow. First one destroyed after 10yrs/100k in a crash at the road track w/no injury to me. Rumor has it that the 2pc-ers do not leak. I have used a tent/tarp/boat cover sealer on mine and things improved but it wasn't perfect.

Gar

Premier Member
I have owned a roadcrafter 1pc, with old zipper style; a roadcrafter 2pc, can’t recall if was new zip or old; and I currently wear a Darien jacket with roadcrafter pants. I loved the first 2pc. I wore it a lot, and it never leaked except when I left a zip open, so that was my fault. My 2pc I didn’t like too much. The 2pc I got wet in all the time, and I ordered it a little too small and lived with it instead of getting it right the first time. After that I tried some TourMaster gear, which I hated and went back to Aerostich gear. I have a Darien now and it is bone dry. The road crafter pants are also dry. I usually use a bib attachment with the pants. I have ridden in all day down pours and stayed dry with my current arrangement. I love them.

I’m just a beginner compared to the big dogs in the IBA. Only have 8 certified rides. But when I ride, I ride. Weather be damned. And the Aerostich is the best solution I’ve seen.

I would note, I only sold my first 1pc because I outgrew it - I got fatter. And I kept getting fatter with the second one, so I never was comfortable wi5h it. Now, I’ve got everything sized good and no worries.

Georgemowry

Happy Motorcyclist
Premier Member
IBA Member
On my next to last ride I rode to Idaho from California to start a ToH ride in Idaho. I refueled in Manteca. A customer said I looked like a blue snowman. It was 75 degrees. 3 hours later I was riding over dinner summit with blowing snow and 34degrees. The 1piece r3 aerostitch was perfect I was dry and reasonably comfortable with heated gear.

keithu

Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
FWIW, I've had a 2-piece Roadcrafter since 1997 and a 1-piece R3 Roadcrafter since 2016. The R3 is unlined so it's a little more comfortable in hot weather than the lined Roadcrafter Classic. But IMO that is the only advantage of the R3. The 2-piece suit is better in every other way: It's more waterproof, more convenient, etc.

Some people might be surprised to learn that the 2-piece is also easier to put on and take off quickly. I think a lot of people buy the 1-piece because they think it will have the instant on/off convenience, and it does. But the 2-piece Roadcrafter is even better in this regard because of the zipper configuration. On the 1-piece, you have to start the main zipper up at neck level which is unnatural. Even after three years of daily use I still fight to start the zipper on my R3. But on the 2-piece, the zipper is started at waist level just like every other jacket I have worn since the age of three. Yes, the 2-piece has three zippers instead of two on the 1-piece. It doesn't matter, the 2-piece is still easier.

If Aerostich made a 2-piece version of the R3 it would be the ultimate touring suit. Until then, the Darien and AD-1 are probably the better LD option.

I have many jacket/pants combos in my motorcycle closet but the absolute best option I have for all conditions except for extreme heat/humidity is my one piece Aerostich. I have short arms and legs and got my suit fitted at a pop up event. The quality and customer service is second to none. Much like my Honda Gold Wing, my Aerostich is over engineered for most applications including numerous pockets, access for my heated gear wires, flexibility in padding, color combinations, etc. You truly get what you pay for with Aerostich.