Alpenbutt Rally 2017

AyrtonO

Premier Member
Same task and question here, but would maybe order new ones directly to the shop. Well, there's reifen.com always but other suggestions welcome.

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Yes, I almost thought someone else of us riding in from afar would be interested.
And yes, better call or mail first in order to reserve the tires wanted.

...just have to decide on a bike first. :D

GEM16

I think, that Robert will recommend a dealer near Miesbach where you can pre-order your dimensions an types of tires. Of course, you have to decide which bike you will use ;-) I live 200km in north east of Miesbach an therefore, I fear, it's to much abrasion on the new tires until start for you.

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Yes, it is a drag when one has so many bikes suitable for the ABR just standing idle in the garage... :rolleyes:

So, you are in this line of business, or do you happen to have a well equipped private garage?
200 km north-east form Miesbach, that's like Belarus, or so - eh? ;)
No sorry - me and distances; I have absolutely no clue. That's why long distance riding seems to suit me so well.

Listen all - I just, really JUST made the connection between Miesbach and the kennzeichen on Roberts old yellow BMW!
Ha! We are going to raid his old hometown. My God! He must have so much faith in us, trusting us to behave.
Well well, let's see about that. :cool:

...and let's see what surfaces on topic work shops for tires.

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
650 meters away. Perfect!
That's just a wheelie-distance, and if I happen to blow my rear tire up in that final burn-out outside the hotel, I can simply walk the bike down to Nabholz.

YES, you will behave....or else....:mad::D
Ah... :oops:

I'll make contact today. I just love it when the area code holds more digits than the actual telephone number.
...and I'll behave.

Robert

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
The fifth newsletter was sent to all registered participants. Should you not have received it, please contact the rally master.

Rally preparation:

If someone wants to get a Rally sticker please contact me.
Some stickers are still there....

Last edited:

Hampe

Not Right Rider
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Less than two weeks now...

Thanks again! Really close and convenient. Pricey, though.
Us comming in from the outer rim of "Europe" who have to fight our way through herds of hunters and gatherers, along with natives carrying spears until we reach settlements and houses as you more evolved people know it - we, we are cheap basterds who really have to haggle for eevveerryytthhiinngg in order to afford to get back home to the tundra again.

Sorry not to support the local business, but Penti the Pricerunner has managed to find us a tire shop along our approaching route that will suit us perfectly, and allows us a 250 kms break-in of the new tires.

The fifth newsletter was sent to all registered participants. Should you not have received it, please contact the rally master.
The one but last newsletter, you mean?
Na, let me use this space as a reminder: please bring the flag of your country!
Well - country, hometown, region, liberation movement: what ever you feel comfortable and "at home with".

Keep it around size A3, more or less.
Too little on the less side will not show in the picture, too much on the more side will be awkward to fit into the picture, and would possibly block out the flags of your neighbor.
...and that's how wars are started. Let's not go there.

Come on! Yes, another item to scribble down on your dreaded packing list, but it'll be fun once the photo is taken.
Oh, by the way: I may be the one that peddles this idea, but I am NOT the photographer, okay?
I do bonus pictures with my camera, nothing else.

Any volunteer with one of these really good cameras that shouldn't be dropped or left out in the rain?

Rally preparation:

If someone wants to get a Rally sticker please contact me.
Some stickers are still there....
I need 5 of them, please!
I am now in the last stage of deciding which bike to use for the ABR, and the ordering of new tires have narrow it down to the 5 bikes that share the same tire dimensions that has now been orderd to the work shop.
(don't you all just hate to be pushed in to hasty decision like that...?)

I need to decal them all up in the garage, so I can go eeny meeny miny moe on them at the very morning of departure.
No time for fiddling with the foil on the back side of just the one sticker at that crucial moment.
No, one has to well prepared for an event like the ABR.

Hansi, I will send you a pm!

What? Me, exited and babbling...?
Well, what can I say?

I am so thrilled over this, and I can't even believe that I just one year ago was thinking of skipping this event, and possibly make a swing at something else later on, something more elevenish on a different continent.

But ABR is here, now and real. Let's go for the instant reward instead. That strategy always pays off in the long run.
You can ask my brother, he knows of nothing else.

Johannes Faget

Aus leidiger Erfahrung empfehle ich für Italien eine grüne Versicherungskarte mitzuführen. Ich weiß nicht, ob andere Länder eine ähnliche Regelung haben, aber zumindest die deutschen Fahrer können sich einigen Ärger ersparen.

I recommend a green insurance card for Italy. I do not know if other countries have a similar regulation, but at least the German drivers can spare themselves some trouble.

GEM16

Hallo Johannes,

wann hattest du welche leidige Erfahrungen? Ich muss bei der Versicherung immer argumentieren, dass ich nach Rumänien oder Bulgarien fahre um die die grüne Karte zu bekommen. In BiH muss man notfalls eine Kurzzeitversicherung abschließen wenn man ohne die Grüne unterwegs ist und Albanien ist auch so ein Thema ... aber Italien??

Bitte Info - viele Grüße - Gerald

Hallo!
Ich kann das nur aus österreichischer Sicht beantworten.
Es verlangen alle Länder Europas die grüne Versicherungskarte.
Bei mir wurde sie vor drei Wochen bei der Einreise nach Deutschland verlangt, von Tschechien kommend.
Explizit verlangen es alle ehemaligen Ostblockstaaten.
Wen es offiziell auch nicht notwendig ist, es das Kontrollorgan aber haben will ist die Diskussion in einer Sprache die man nicht gut beherrscht eher mühselig und
Zeitaufwendig.
Bekomme meine grüne Karte von der Versicherung automatisch vor Ablauf der alten zugesandt.

Robert

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
Der Hintergrund ist, dass andere Länder nicht immer damit vertraut sind, dass eine Zulassung in Deutschland immer auf einer gültigen Versicherung basiert. In anderen Ländern ist das mehr getrennt und neben dem Zulassungsnachweis wird auch ein Nachweis über eine gültige Versicherung mitgeführt (z.B. grüne Karte).
In Italien wurde ich allerdings noch nie danach gefragt.
Es geht sehr wahrscheinlich auch ohne, aber wie Rüdiger gesagt hat, wenn man eine grüne Karte hat, kann sie einem im Zweifelsfall das Leben erleichtern...

Johannes Faget

Hallo Johannes,

wann hattest du welche leidige Erfahrungen? Ich muss bei der Versicherung immer argumentieren, dass ich nach Rumänien oder Bulgarien fahre um die die grüne Karte zu bekommen. In BiH muss man notfalls eine Kurzzeitversicherung abschließen wenn man ohne die Grüne unterwegs ist und Albanien ist auch so ein Thema ... aber Italien??

Bitte Info - viele Grüße - Gerald
Hallo Gerald,

ich wurde letztes Jahr auf Sardinien von einem Autofahrer abgeschoßen. Die Carabinieri konnten gerade mal in soweit englisch, dass sie "insurance card" herausbrachten und haben auch darauf bestanden. Ich habe dann meinen Versicherungsvertreter am Sonntag morgen ins Büro geschickt und sie ihnen per Email zukommen lassen.

Argumentieren muss ich übrigens nicht zum Erhalt der Karte. Ich kann die einfach online mit der Versicherungsnummer beantragen.

LG
Hans

Last edited:

Johannes Faget

Es verlangen alle Länder Europas die grüne Versicherungskarte.
Bei mir wurde sie vor drei Wochen bei der Einreise nach Deutschland verlangt, von Tschechien kommend. ...
Hallo Rüdiger,
wo bist Du da drüber gefahren? Ich stamme ja ursprünglich aus dem grenznahen Gebiet und wüsste keinen Übergang bei dem noch kontrolliert wird.

LG
Hans