Am I ready? Are you ready?

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Ron,

As part of my IBR19 prep I will be attempting another 100CC in mid January. Leaving Coogee early a.m Thursday 17 Jan.
The timing weather wise (heat) is not ideal but work is limiting my time away and if I don’t go mid Jan it’s unlikely to happen before I fly out in June. (And the reality for me is the heat will be what I need to prep for ahead of the IBR)

So, if you feel you are ready then you are welcome to join me in the double crossing. Equally if the time is not right for you that’s fine, as it’s important to be at ones best for a ride like this.

Cheers
Kiwimartin

Last edited:

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
Ron,

As part of my IBR19 prep I will be attempting another 100CC in mid January. Leaving Coogee early a.m Thursday 17 Jan.
The timing weather wise (heat) is not ideal but work is limiting my time away and if I don’t go mid Jan it’s unlikely to happen before I fly out in June. (And the reality for me is the heat will be what I need to prep for ahead of the IBR)

So, if you feel you are ready then you are welcome to join me in the double crossing. Equally if the time is not right for you that’s fine, as it’s important to be at ones best for a ride like this.

Cheers
Kiwimartin
Tempted. It's a bit sooner, and I think, hotter than I'd anticipated. Considering it though. If I'm at the start, you'll know I'm on.
Seriously I'll let you know when I see the weather forecast, the week before.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
I probably had a read of your op the day you posted Ron. At that time i was on about ride 5 that did not work out. I almost replied back then but had a reread and took a leaf from your book. At some point i questioned my long ride desire too. Then over this last several days ive belted out some big hot days in the 40c,s. Probably just shy of a 1600 each day since xmas day.
I guess i was not ready for a bit either.
Now maybe i am.
Mate. 16 teeth extracted. That is bloody massive mate. A story just their mate.
Well done.

Grey Gentry

Premier Member
Had a few months of riding, including the Mansfield Muster. I'm happy with ride's that outcome. Seen a few 'roos at night that I've missed. Builds a little confidence each time. Been pretty relaxed about driving at night through 'roo country too.

A little hiccup in the bike preparation for the 100CCC. The VFR tank sprang a fuel leak. On closer inspection, the underside of the tank is creased in two places, one which fractured. A supplementary insurance claim has been accepted by the RACV (IAG) however the tank is now on back order. Maybe another month off the road?

I have now set a date for the double crossing. Mid October. PM if you would like to go for a ride too.