An open Victorian Border! (A Saddle Sore 1600)

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
With the Victorian border opening up to NSW, i took the opportunity to grab SS1600 by riding to Mildura from Canberra. Fellow IBR finisher Olaf Moon came along for the ride.

The direct route to Mildura from Canberra is a neat 810km, so on the return leg home, we looped out to Queanbeyan to round up the mileage to 1,640kms. It was an excellent cool summers day, with temperatures on the way out to Mildura never getting above 22 degrees (almost cold) and on the homeward leg we saw 30 degrees near Hay.

Here are some photos from the ride.

Dark o'clock leaving home

Roadworks on the Hay Plain

Taking a moment to enjoy the wide open spaces

The compulsory photo crossing the Hay Plain, the new gravel drive was a bit trick on the k!

Fueling up in Mildura ready for the homeward leg

Crossing back into NSW from Victoria

Saw plenty of these on the east bound leg

Sunset on the Hume

Sunset on the Hume

Home after a 1,643km day ride, feeling good!

HACKLE

Congratulations to you both on a very pleasant outing. Your photos are great showing nice green verges. The best way to start the new summer riding season. Cheers.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Great to see you guys are out, about and enjoying the weather and open borders. Great shots and what this, ‘Please Come Ho’? Are you being paged to come home :p

Fatman

A good ride for you both to get rid of these "Covid Blues" we have all been suffering.

The song on your dash "Please come home" is that by The Cure Martin? If so the band name is just what you needed.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
A good ride for you both to get rid of these "Covid Blues" we have all been suffering.

The song on your dash "Please come home" is that by The Cure Martin? If so the band name is just what you needed.
Hi Michael,

The song is "Please come home for Christmas" by The Eagles, I was playing my way through the Eagles greatest hits, perfect for a ride like this.

Ed.

Premier Member
Onya, Martin and Olaf. I have long considered that this "out and back" run is the obvious 1600 from here....which is probably why I have never got around to doing it in it's simplest form - It will always be there....until it is not, of course.