Another nesting question

FJ2112

Premier Member
Can an I-35 E-2-E be nested within the 36-hour challenge level Mexico to Canada Border-to-Border ride? Seems to me the B-2-B could be done while failing on the Interstate E-2-E.

You will have to add the leg to Grand Portage MN, or International Falls MN to get to the Canadian Border. From Duluth to GP is roughly 3 hours. Scenic ride along Lake Superior.

-Mark

FJ2112

Premier Member
You will have to add the leg to Grand Portage MN, or International Falls MN to get to the Canadian Border. From Duluth to GP is roughly 3 hours. Scenic ride along Lake Superior.

-Mark
Thanks LeMaitre. My question, for the IBA, is can I nest the IE2E within the B2B.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
I am not the IBA, but it appears to me that one can certainly ride I-35 E2E and will not complete a B2B (the northern end stops well short of the border) . One can also obviously complete a B2B using much (but not all) of I-35, if they wish.

So by the guidance provided in all of the nesting rules, this would be a valid nest.

FJ2112

Premier Member
I am not the IBA, but it appears to me that one can certainly ride I-35 E2E and will not complete a B2B (the northern end stops well short of the border) . One can also obviously complete a B2B using much (but not all) of I-35, if they wish.

So by the guidance provided in all of the nesting rules, this would be a valid nest.
That’s how I see it thanks Stephen!!

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
To reiterate, the basic rule is that if one ride by definition is completed within another, we only issue one certificate. So the test is if you can complete the larger ride without necessaily completing the shorter ride. In this case, the answer is yes. So yes, you can nest them.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Last edited:

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Can an I-35 E-2-E be nested within the 36-hour challenge level Mexico to Canada Border-to-Border ride? Seems to me the B-2-B could be done while failing on the Interstate E-2-E.
Greetings, Scott ...
Yes, nesting that I-35 E2E within a B2B would be acceptable.
Just FYI, two rules worth noting ...
1. The I-E2E GOLD level requires IBA Bun Burner GOLD or approved equivalent as a prerequisite; no prerequisite for the I-E2E BASIC level ride.
2. SpotWalla (satellite tracking) trip data is mandatory for any I-E2E series ride (but only recommended for a B2B).
... Dave