Are we there yet?

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Should we be in India?
An interesting read click on the main site and select india. Go take a read. I dont support fakes...just saying.

But really this IBA Australia certification issue has gone on for years.
Each muster has been promising and at each muster more and more missing certificate issues pop up. Less and less talk of local certification.
Its sad.

Im not at all convinced its due to shitty pre ride docs because Im the most inept and I got mine at Mansfield.
I have received all but Dalby which was my only DNF. Though I had to dig deep to alter a ride and adhere to rule 1 and thus attended with a new ride plan.
I think maybe 5 or six got them on the day at Mansfield.
Those missing certs was a big house problem...not ours. But its poor form. What do they think of us? Those words rattled about my mind for days as I returned home. What do they think of us?

Well but its our big dance here in Australia for the vast majority of Aussie IBA members.
To put the yards in and then be polite and swallow the pill of being let down by the big house....well that leaves a big warm dump.

Its time this promise was paid out for us. Aussies have been great IBA supporters for decades.
We have as a group big interesting rides done by plenty of us broadly on many continents, country's and territories.
Our numbers attending IBRs has grown and grown. Those guys and gals are hero's and looked up to by the rest of our mob and more importantly by the rest of the world.
We are not mug punters.

We punch above our weight.

As a micro group within our country on a new landscape of COVID19 and the restrictions which have now curtailed even a normal days ride let alone a cross state or cross continent outing I wonder how many will fall off the ldr perch drawn to other activity's and not return.
Sure shrug your shoulders if you wish but look at this.
I have taken the time to re read this post. To consider my words. I see no fault. These words are an indication of an underlying frustration in Assie LDR.
Im not alone.
But Im sure even the most myopic would have noticed its an ever decreasing same mob of faces on the field.
A large portion of this is due to being let down at the end.
If IBA America announced ASAP Australian Certification actually cleared to fly.
IN STONE...then our future will grown.

We are currently stagnant in my opinion.
Its my opinion and like as....s we all have one. This is mine.

I mean no offence to management...its just my observation.
A plee to re-invigorate those discussion with the big house of LDR

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
18 days since my post number 4.
266 topic views and 2 posts 3 likes to those posts.

Is anyone home?
Really this is indicative of the guts of my post.

What I do find very encouraging is it seems a fellow LDR has chosen to grow our relationship. On the back of enjoying a meal at the Mansfield Muster
which pleased me greatly. Thank you.
History is at a place we can not go back and change. But we do have the advantage of whats in the future...to set our course to achieve the target.

Now is the time to get this issue over the line.
Please get this moving again.

tj189

Premier Member

Is anyone home?

What I do find very encouraging is it seems a fellow LDR has chosen to grow our relationship. On the back of enjoying a meal at the Mansfield Muster
History is at a place we can not go back and change. But we do have the advantage of whats in the future...to set our course to achieve the target.

Gatey, there was a reply in post #2.
......as to your request to get this moving again, it has not stopped, just as it mentions in that post.

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Fatman

Gatey, there was a reply in post #2.
......as to your request to get this moving again, it has not stopped, just as it mentions in that post.

Thank you for your ongoing support.
TJ good to see that it is still on the agenda and hasn't been forgotten.

Skidoo

Premier Member

Is anyone home?

Sorry haven’t logged in for a while, been working 12 and 14 hr shifts, would b entice to be able to work from home Once in a while.

Yep, getting there but unfortunately things always takes longer than we/I lIke.

I know it’s been a few years but we are getting closer and it’s still In the scope mate.

No flights thanks to to COVID-19, I need to work in Sydney, buggar I’ll have to ride :p , maybe I’ll take the scenic route :eek: