Armistice 1000

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Great story and just goes to show how Keep Calm and Carry On (or whatever you do to overcome all the sh1te found on the Great British road network) can get you there in the end. By my reckoning we must have crossed paths along the Exeter Brighton/Brighton Exeter leg somewhere. I left Brighton just before midnight and I was probably trying as hard to see where I was going through the mist as you were so sorry if you saw a biker who didn't nod.
Anyway, as it was your idea I'd just like to say thanks.
John
Keep calm and carry on?? the swearing going on when i saw the M25 was closed damn near melted the visor, i doubt our paths crossed i didn't get to Brighton until 0215 don't remember seeing any bikes on the Exeter- Brighton leg. You're welcome BTW

Any trip that you get home in one piece is a winner.It is the taking part that is the important part. There will be another day. When I did mine on Tuesday I nearly went home after 5 miles because of thick fog and the temperature dropping to 4°c luckily for me it cleared up and I had a trouble free run. Well done for trying.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I'm heading out tomorrow 0400, RBLR South CCW...weather doesn't look in my favour, and I'm getting over a cold, but I figure what those soldiers went through in the trenches is nothing compared to some rain and sniffles...I'm also going to stop at 3 war memorials like JonnyP's inspiring tribute (he approves) and pay homage along the way, with a poppy placed at the sites.
Hopefully the weather will be nice and daylight for the Welsh Coast.

Wrentham War Memorial, Suffolk
Llandudno Cenotaph, Conwy, Wales

Winterbourne Kingston War Memorial, Dorset

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1be665be1a9b2b8223&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes

1541761251114.png

1541797367446.png

this is what me and two others are doing tomorrow starting at 10:00 at winchester cathedral and then finishing in time for the remembrance service to lay a wreath for the hampshire RBLR fingers crossed the wind calms down

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
This is what me and two others are doing tomorrow starting at 10:00 at winchester cathedral and then finishing in time for the remembrance service to lay a wreath for the hampshire RBLR fingers crossed the wind calms down
Good luck. Try and remember that just west of Kings Lynn on the A17 there's rear facing average speed cameras virtually all the way to the Sutton Bridge. And as you won't be going to Squires just stop and get a receipt at the Ferrybridge Services instead. :)

Good luck. Try and remember that just west of Kings Lynn on the A17 there's rear facing average speed cameras virtually all the way to the Sutton Bridge. And as you won't be going to Squires just stop and get a receipt at the Ferrybridge Services instead. :)
thanks and will remember that one