Armistice 1000

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
If anyone is still undecided...... If you preregister in the next few weeks you will get the full package including patch when your ride is verified. If you do not register until the last second you may miss out on a patch.
The ride must be started and completed in November 2018 as it commemorates the 100th anniversary of the Armistice.
Enjoy the ride

I am booked in and will be doing the southern rblr1000 route starting at birch Services on the m62 on the 10th with the hope that by the time I get back I will finish my ride doing the Ring of Red ride of respect on the 11th. Good luck to everyone else taking part. Out of curiosity is anyone attempting the rblr 1000 northern routes?

I live in Newcastle so am going to start on the A1 just north of Newcastle and head north to Wick starting at 0500. Hopefully the coldest part of the route can be done in daylight and should be well beyond Edinburgh before rush hour but maybe hitting Glasgow at just the wrong time. The challenge will be not to turn left at Carlisle and do the short 60 miles Home instead of continuing south and across to Leeds then Home I suspect.

THB54

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
Hi Phil an update on my plan for the Armistice 1000

Attached is the route I’m intending doing from York but not yet sure whether I’ll be going clockwise or anti clockwise

I’ll decide when I know what the weather is like but at the moment I’m thinking of anti clockwise which means I’ll hopefully miss the rush hour round Manchester and Birmingham and going on the M25 late evening again when it’s quieter, or that’s the theory???

The RAC route planner says it’s around 1055 miles so I assume that will be ok?

Again I’m thinking of doing it early in November when hopefully the weather will be better but my daughter in law is due to have a baby on the 4th so that might change, do I need to confirm to you before the day?

Any comments or advice would be appreciated
Thansk
Brian

Attachments

Hi Brain,
Nice route, but do you have a stop planned between E and F where the road turns right? You might need this to prove that you didn't do a shortcut. It is something I had to bear in mind with my route too. (see1, 6 and 14) . Around Antwerp don't have a stop planned since there is no short cut possible there. Good luck, greetings Paul

Knipsel.JPG

THB54

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
Paul
Thanks for your comments and I see what you mean

I’ll make sure I have a stop and check point where you’ve suggested

I think I originally had Hamilton Services but I’ve played about with the route a few times and I’ve missed it off but will certainly add it back before I set off

Again many thanks for looking in detail
Brian

Viper

Have my route for this one sorted, planning on starting at 4am on the 11th, hope to be home by midnight..... we will see...lol
Arm.JPG

Ian M

not too sure on the timings when you'll hit b'ham but the other week at night the m5 was closed and the divert is M42/M6,
during the day its 30 mph from m5 junc 2 - 1, then there are, what appear to be, endless road works from b'ham to warrington with smart motorway works (not so smart) even on the bike it was hard going as the lanes are narrow

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Will be keeping a close eye on the weather soon looking for a 18-24 hour period with the best possible conditions don't mind the cold.

Sleekit Fkr

I live in Newcastle so am going to start on the A1 just north of Newcastle and head north to Wick starting at 0500. Hopefully the coldest part of the route can be done in daylight and should be well beyond Edinburgh before rush hour but maybe hitting Glasgow at just the wrong time. The challenge will be not to turn left at Carlisle and do the short 60 miles Home instead of continuing south and across to Leeds then Home I suspect.
Do much the same route but starting at Dreghorn Shell around 0400hrs. It should get me to the Glasgow area as it gets dark then the rest is motorway. Planning on Saturday November 3rd.

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member

Safari Ferg

Safari Ferg, President IBA Ireland
Premier Member
Just a thought, how many would consider pairing up with a virgin and providing mentoring and pace setting to encourage new riders to attempt this ride?

I have in mind making the offer in the Ride5000 miles FB forum and perhaps locally also.

If there's enough of us I would think we make specific offers: named IBA rider, thumbnail bio, proposed route, available dates
I am planning to do a ride in Ireland with a mate who will be trying his first certified ride :)

Ian M

Sat 3rd come what may due to the clocks going back: Middlewich, Fort William, Inverness (not going to Wick this time of year), Edinburgh, Berwick, Huntingdon, Derby, Middlewich. Fall back is the motorway route if it snows.

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Armistice Tee shirts now on sale in the shop.
Wear your shirt with pride and be among the few that took part in this 1000 mile epic ride !
There are limited numbers available and to order the shirt you Must have paid your entry and be taking part on the ride this November.
Read details of the shirt and delivery times in the IBA shop.
Shop link......https://www.ironbutt.co.uk/w3/shop.php

Last edited:

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Armistice Tee shirts now on sale in the shop.
Wear your shirt with pride and be among the few that took part in this 1000 mile epic ride !
There are limited numbers available and to order the shirt you Must have paid your entry and be taking part on the ride this November.
Read details of the shirt and delivery times in the IBA shop.
Shop link......https://www.ironbutt.co.uk/w3/shop.php