Armistice 1000

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
To all the new guy's that have just finished their Armistice 1000 and not been verified yet. Don’t forget you are more than welcome to come along to any Ride to Eat. You do not have to be a member of the IBA.:)

And to any new guy's that haven’t done their Armistice 1000 yet this would be an ideal opportunity to come along this Saturday the 17th to the Artyard cafe' to glean some advice from some of the old hands that will be there.
Check out the details on the UK RTE thread on this forum.:D:D

I am embarrassed to say I tried my run to day but didn't get it completed . I pulled the plug after 700 miles as I was feeling fatigued and cold and did not feel completely safe driving in the dark. Gutted but live to ride another day. I left the ayrshire coast 2.30am heading to Aberdeen on to john ogroats.and then called it a day at Perth. It's was a mixed run weather very cold and foggy at the start and very windy at times. Dispite not finishing it was a great run. For those about to do there's good luck stay safe and warm!

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I am embarrassed to say I tried my run to day but didn't get it completed . I pulled the plug after 700 miles as I was feeling fatigued and cold and did not feel completely safe driving in the dark. Gutted but live to ride another day. I left the ayrshire coast 2.30am heading to Aberdeen on to john ogroats.and then called it a day at Perth. It's was a mixed run weather very cold and foggy at the start and very windy at times. Dispite not finishing it was a great run. For those about to do there's good luck stay safe and warm!
Credit for trying Andrew, and never be embarrassed for trying, doing 700 miles in one day is a massive, great achievement...the fact you knew it was time to call it a day, speaks volumes about what we do, riding crazy miles, but always putting safety first...knowing when to call it a day, to live another day...well done you!!!

Completed my run on Thursday /Friday started at 05.17 from my local BP in Wadebridge through to Bodmin then on to the A30 to Exeter, up the M5 on to the M6 to Carlile, across to Newcastle by the A69 then down the A1 to Peterborough A14 M11, M 25 Dartford crossing round to M3 then the A303 A30 back to Exeter then on the A30 back to Bodmin and home to Wadebridge BP bike says 1055 miles in just over 20 hours had most kinds of weather from cold due in the morning to the glorious sun on the M6 around Lancaster, fog on the M11 and rain on A303 have enjoyed it but been tired since all I have to do now is sort out all my receipts and photos but great

done ....

@Martin .... spotlink didn't work, I don't know why - sorry

update:
I started in Koblenz and visited the french Cemetery / the american in Hamm - Luxemborg / the russian in Saint Hilaire le Grand / the Italien in Bligny / the english in la Ville aus Bois le Pontavert / the australien in Fromelles / the german in Ysselsteyn / the english in Kleve and finished in Koblenz …. odo said: 1.703 km - gps - 1.685 km; time on bike: 15.48 h - total 17.53 h; it was cold - 4`C in France and sunny in Nederlands + 8`C … it was a good time ….. now paperwork ….

Last edited:

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Ok my ride done and managed to drop in to Stevie (wings) rte . (thanks Steve sorry i couldn't stay long)
Just a case of the paperwork now. Tried the photos next to the odo method but its difficult to do in strong winds when your freezing ya nads off.
Very foggy on the way out and over the tops on my return. was going to go over the A66 on way back but the motorway is far easier in the fog.
Didn't get to do the trip I planned into France ,next time maybe.
See you all in Calais in 3 weeks :D

my trip https://spotwalla.com/publicTrips.php?un=JON12A

Last edited:

Ian M

done it was a lovely day except for the flying vermin (pheasant 1, expensive Kawasaki fairing 0)

whizzing along the glen to Fort William was a pleasant experience compared to June - road from Tarbet to Ardlui is being resurfaced as well - winner winner chicken dinner

not quite armistice but one of my favorite monuments

DSCN4474.JPG DSCN4474.JPG

DSCN4480.JPG

DSCN4474.JPG

THB54

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
Morning All
I did the Armistace ride yesterday starting and f8nisishing at the MCDonalds on the York ring road

I started at 4.43am yesteday and finished at 2.26am this morning which is around 21 hours 43 minutes and finishing on 1010 miles although the RAC Route planner said it was 1019 miles and I did think it would actually be more than this??

When I arrived back and saw it was 1010 I did consider going round the York by pass but the weather was horrendous and I was so cold and wet I called it a day, photos attached

To say it was a cold day is an understement and from Inverness to Fort William it was foggy and frosty and I followed gritting wagons most of the way and I think I averaged about 28mph on that stretch of the trip??

From Glasgow it was raining all the way and over Shap sleet and rain so I was very wet and cold when I got back home

I’ll sort out the paperwork and send off later today but hopefully the 1010 miles will be ok to qualify?

Thanks
Brian

Attachments

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Dont forget !!! coming up to last orders !!!
Armistice Tee shirts now on sale in the shop.
Wear your shirt with pride and be among the few that took part in this 1000 mile epic ride !
There are limited numbers available and to order the shirt you Must have paid your entry and be taking part on the ride this November.
Read details of the shirt and delivery times in the IBA shop.
Shop link......https://www.ironbutt.co.uk/w3/shop.php

Last edited: