August RTE - Sat 26th - Wellesbourne Airfield

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Thank you John.

Thank you Mark for organising a fantastic R2E I had a great ride. There was a bit of traffic on M1 by Nottingham but a bit of combat filtering soon sorted that out.

Till the next time, love, light and kindness,

Dave

Thank you John.

Thank you Mark for organising a fantastic R2E I had a great ride. There was a bit of traffic on M1 by Nottingham but a bit of combat filtering soon sorted that out.

Till the next time, love, light and kindness,

Dave
I was right behind you you left Tibshelf as I got there apart from the traffic a good ride back.

Mark thanks for a great RTE as usual good company and food make for a great meet up.

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks for the thanks. Yes, it was another good day out with like minded chaps and chapesses. My second tour of the Vulcan but still found out new information :)

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done Mark, excellent day out and I shall be reading about the Vulcan all over again with better insight now.

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done Mark, excellent day out and I shall be reading about the Vulcan all over again with better insight now.
Vulcan 607, the story about the Black Buck mission to bomb Stanley airfield during the Falklands war is a long but very interesting read and describes how they had to go around various aviation museums robbing parts to get enough parts for all the bombers sent down south.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vulcan-607-Rowland-White/dp/0552152293

Hi Mark,

Thanks from me too. The enthusiasm of the volunteers was infectious.

I was tempted by the colour print of the aircraft in the gift shop but couldn't get it on the bike! When I suggested to Mrs Whistler that I could return for it she gave me one of those looks, as if to say, 'are you having a laugh?'.
She does have a point. A fridge magnet is one thing, a full size print obove the mantle piece is quite another....