Aux light installation

Tep_52

Premier Member
I have a sixth gen goldwing and am running two super sevinas and a set of Darlas. My Darlas are in the fog light pockets and my sevinas are under my mirrors. I have them wired up so that by default they all com on 30 seconds after the bike starts. And go to full power with the high beams. But I wired in two over ride switches so that I can also turn them off independently. So far I have found that for the most part while in the n.e. I only need low beams, but as soon as it starts to open up I have all the light I need at the tip of my finger. And using light flashing to get peoples attention works well even in day light.

The problem that I see with the Super Sevinas coming on at 30 seconds is they are too bright to use daytime or nighttime unless you can dim to 10 percent I guess.I have my fog lights and my D7s on seperate switches for complete control.I would like to have D7s come on with my High bems only but I am afraid to mess with my Can Bus system.2018 DCT Wing.The D7s under the mirror aare the strongest lights I have ever seen.Ridiculous

Tep_52

Premier Member
Them turning on 30 seconds after ignition is courtesy of my amplink power distribution module which also helps you around the can system. The rest is just a modified Clearwater harness. Check out max mc callister. On you tube for some great ideas on goldwings

Them turning on 30 seconds after ignition is courtesy of my amplink power distribution module which also helps you around the can system. The rest is just a modified Clearwater harness. Check out max mc callister. On you tube for some great ideas on goldwings
Thank you I must check out that Amplink Distriution Module.I do not outfit my bike for a Madi Gras parade thats others enjoy.I have to figure out the isolation of the module from the Canbus.My question is how do you modify the Clearwater harness to wire in the override switches without adding current into the Canbus thus pop.Im new to Goldwings and dont know what a sixth generation Goldwing covers but I will find out.

Your bike looks very nice.I have Denali lights and have no potentiometers like yours.I guess my harness is different than yours.Can you also turn on and off the Sevinas with the stock Honda high beam switch ? I like to use my Denalis as my only high beam and as such need to be able to knock them down very quickly due to oncoming cars.Thanks for your photo it looks nice.Ride on !!!

Love to see a shot of your complete bike.I will try to upload mine when I can get my old polaroid to work .Thats a hint to my age and computer competency. NONE

Tep_52

Premier Member
So the way it is wired now all four are on the dimmer on low beam and when you go to high beam they go to max. Unless of course you have one or both turned off with the over ride switch

I knew your bike was special.That is one nice garage you got there.Ha.Your auxilllary tank set up is clean and looks sound.I am not at your level of execution yet and if I could only get my pics to download.Says server cannot handle too large a file.I put a RDL and the adjustable bars in addition to various wind screens.The seat was in my opinion the best addition for me so far.I could not ride the bike with the stock seat my back killed me,now it is a flying couch.Thanks again for the Pics and I hope to see you one day at a ride.

Tep_52

Premier Member
Ok so it appears that I only drew out the circuits on at a time
So now I have to go back and draw a complete wiring diagram. Guess that I am to used to working on used cars

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Ok so it appears that I only drew out the circuits on at a time
So now I have to go back and draw a complete wiring diagram. Guess that I am to used to working on used cars
Did you do it the US Army way and wire everything the same color? For uniformity, ya know....?

Tep_52

Premier Member
Not quite I tried to wire it so it made sense to me as went and any good used car mechanic would be able to pick it apart. So while not abviose as soon as you pull the tubaware off you can easily follow my circuits