Auxiliary Tank Bag Options ?

Scott Miller

An American in Europe
Premier Member
Hi All,

I have an auxiliary tank for my R1150R which Ernie Azevedo (eazcycles.com) made for me two years ago. I would like to have a tank bag made to fit it properly and am having trouble locating someone who could do this.
I purchased a used CustomTankBag on eBay which was made for a much larger, cube shaped, tank. As I am prepping for the 2017 IBR, this is one of the items that needs improvement.

I have tried contacting Linda T. at customtankbags.com to see if she could make me a bag but, so far, have not received a response (since ca. April). Are there are other craftsmen out there who do this type of work? If anyone has recommendations, I would appreciate the feedback.

Scott

Scott Miller

An American in Europe
Premier Member
How did you make out? I'm thinking of a fuel cell for my R1200RT, work-in-progress still.
Jim
Hi Jim,

Well, no replies on the alternative to CustomTankBags. So either there are no options, or people are too busy riding :)

I am actually now in the process of buying an R1200RT (gulp) and have ordered the auxiliary tank from Maple Farkles. I may simply have to use a bungee net to hold things on it if there are no custom options for tank bags available.

Scott Miller

An American in Europe
Premier Member
i have a Maple aux tank on my GSA and asked Mike to add "L-Track" rails with movable ring studs. easy to mount luggage, etc. no need for a cover
A big reason I was looking for a cover was for the added camouflage. In Switzerland, where I live, anything unapproved on your motorcycle can lead to serious fines. So hiding a tank with a well fitted bag provides added storage and ease of mind.:D

Once I receive the tank, I look will for a suitably sized bag that can cover the tank and add some storage as well.

Scott don't know if this would work but try a horse saddlers or horse blanket type place they could probably craft you something in leather or heavy canvas, as a 1 off custom bag. or they might be able to point you at some one who could. its the sort of heavy material work they'd be used to and its where I would start looking