Avade Heated Top

John negus

Thanks TT ..I have ordered one and I'll post my evaluation with both road and trail use when I have given it a good workout..Cheers and yippee. .jn

John negus

Hi All, as promised my Avade heated vest has arrived and I took it out for a trial this morning. First trial was on a 50k cycle early this morning with temp range 5-10 degrees and I wore a light tshirt with the vest as an over garment. First of all...Fit..I had an XL size and it fitted snug but not tight. Its made of a lycra type material with two carbon mesh pads on the front (one around each pec area) and a single pad on the rear (upper/middle back)... Heat settings...I started off with the hottest setting and went to medium after ten minutes for about half of the ride and then went to low. The high setting is quite warm but not burning. High is like the top two setting out of five on the heated hand grips in that its good to warm up then turn the settings down The controller is a large easy to use button on the RHS wrist. The battery is half the size of an average mobile phone and has its own compartment on the side and I never found the battery intrusive. Second Trial ..went for a ride to Wollombi on my Versys (cold and wet) and wore the tshirt and vest as before and my Ballard Off Road jacket (With no liner ). Temp was about 12 degrees and again I used the high setting for about twenty minutes and settled for medium for the rest of the trip (about two hours). Again the vest was comfortable and the battery not intrusive. The battery had more charge left and after about four hours use today it took about 90 minutes to fully recharge. I also wore a back-protector (Forcefield PS4) and it was comfortable at all the heat settings. The heat pads are woven in so they don't bulk up the vest. Overall I liked the vest and will give it a longer run over colder temperature range. For $199 its not cheap but worth it for me. The video TripleTreat flagged is worth looking at if you are interested....cheers and yippee...jn

tj189

Premier Member
John, great follow up report on the vest with excellent information for other riders. Thank you for taking the time to post this up :)

John negus

Hi All, More on the heated vest..went to Canberra yesterday ..left 5.30AM and temp range on the way 3-9 degrees and return 9 to 14 degrees. Started on high setting for about 15 minutes then went to medium. Was warm all the way down and on the way back left it on low setting and it was enough that I didn't feel cold (comfortably chilly ..if there is such a thing) . On return about 7-8 hours riding there was still charge left in the battery. Wore the same gear as above but rode my Capo 1200 down. ...RPM's..between Collector and North Canberra on the way down there were five BIG roos dead on the roadside, two small ones ,a wombat and a fox..I have never seen so much road carnage on that stretch of road ever..Canberra and environs are green at the moment and the locals say that roo numbers are exploding...So LOOK OUT..jn