Avoid Indian of Orange County, Westminster CA

rebelmark

Premier Member
IBA Member
In February, I bought a 2008 Victory Vision from Indian of Orange County in Westminster, CA. I was assured the bike was strong running and had no issues. I flew down from the Bay Area, picked it up, and drove it home. After having it a few weeks, I noticed that the bike seemed to be using oil and that the oil would get dirty very quickly. In about 1000 miles or so, the bike would use a quart of oil. I changed oil a few times to see if that would help but the bike continued to burn oil at that rate.

I sent an email to the dealership owner who sold me the bike and got a response from the service manager that all Victory's use oil, the oil should be really dirty right after changing it, and basically I didn't know what I was talking about. I have been riding American V-Twins for 23 years and I am well aware of what causes oil consumption at this rate. I knew I had either an issue with the rings or the valves.

I had a cross country trip planned on this bike and took off from CA to Wisconsin. The bike continued to burn oil, but on the return trip 2 days from home the bike started making an awful racket and burning oil at the rate of 1 quart per 100 miles. The motor is terminal and will need to be replaced at a cost of about $3000. I sent an email to the dealership informing them of this and that I felt they should pay half of the cost. I have now been ghosted and received no response. I encourage everyone to stay away from this shady dealership. This dealer did all the services on my bike and I find it impossible to believe they were not aware of this oil consumption problem. Now, I am left holding the bag.

Update: The dealership saw my reviews and used that as an excuse not to help me with my problem, even though I offered to update the reviews positively if we could come to an agreeable conclusion. I think this shows how shady this dealership really is!