BAT 2019 Schedule?

Is there a schedule of events for the 2019 Big As Texas Party?

I thought I had read (somewhere) that there would be a Garmin "Basecamp" class on thursday, but I cannot find that info anywhere.

Jim

FJ2112

Premier Member
“word on the street” (internet forum) is that Basecamp’s days are numbered, that Garmin will stop updating and supporting. Who knows if this is accurate. I contacted the IBA and asked if this rumor, and alternatives to Basecamp, would be addressed at BAT and haven’t received a response.

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
“word on the street” (internet forum) is that Basecamp’s days are numbered, that Garmin will stop updating and supporting. Who knows if this is accurate. I contacted the IBA and asked if this rumor, and alternatives to Basecamp, would be addressed at BAT and haven’t received a response.
I have been told from a Garmin rep that no further development on Base Camp is in the works. They did an update some months ago to get a 64-bit version for Mac and that's it.

Base Camp's only purpose now is to get a route a user has created in another app to the GPS. Base Camp is absolute shit; I can't recount the number of times I have entered an exact address and it couldn't find it or it listed it towards the bottom of 100 other non-related results.

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
Is there a schedule of events for the 2019 Big As Texas Party?

Jim
Thursday, September 26 - two base camp seminars (a very popular routing software tool in the long-distance community - Bring your computers) and kick tires day, ride-in check ins.

Friday, September 27 - For those riding the Big As Texas 1000 or BBG, riders will depart early Friday morning, for those hanging out in the area it is kicking tires, ride check-in and an informal dinner at a local restaurant.

Friday, September 27 - Senior Butt Riders must check in to be a finisher of the Senior Butt (see the bottom of this letter for this exciting rally) - see the exciting finish of a tough rally.

Saturday, September 28 - Ride check ins, award presentations in the afternoon and of course dinner with a short presentation related to long-distance riding and presentation of the Senior Butt Rally awards.

Sunday, September 29 - nothing official, but breakfast is served in our area and we get to say our last good byes.