Bazz and Liz's 2018 ANZAC Day Ride

kwaka

Premier Member
Cheers, thanks TJ. Home, safe, sound and in one piece.
Hmm, looking at the tracking and it shows that SPOT didn't play nice....again. I may have dropped it once too often :oops:. Time to upgrade or go for a different option me thinks.

Anyways ride completed with 1,721 Odo km and according to the dockets, we had 1:12hr to spare.
Last year we spelt out ANZAC all in Sth Aust. This year, Victoria was our host.

Avoca - ATM receipt
Nathalia - 24hr fuel card receipt
Zeerust - pic of the public school
Ardmona - pic of the public school
Cohuna - ATM receipt

Cert pending. RR as and when time permits.

The Bombardier.
Our monument is very symbolic and a potent reminder of what war is.

Bombardier.jpg

Last edited:

Chris Wiltshire

Staff Helper
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Kwaka, any chance you can share your SPOT link? I'm keen to take a look at what you managed to log? As a backup to your SPOT device you could consider running a cellphone in parallel - just to be sure?... My SWConnect SPOT track worked flawlessly for me.

Rusjel

Premier Member
Great ride guys! I only rode 600k on ANZAC day, but in my defence I had to lead the dawn service and attend the gunfire brekkie etc etc.

On another note, the highways were pretty clear for the most part, not a bad day to do a run on the clock.

Chris Wiltshire

Staff Helper
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
A really enjoyable read, thank you for sharing and congratulations on a great ride. You certainly captured the memorials well on your ride!

Tele

Premier Member
Thanks for the obvious effort in putting that report together Bazz. A great read with an excellent set of photos as always. Another excellent tribute to the ANZAC memory.