BB1500 Instate Texas ???

Traxx

Premier Member
So, looking at going from Eastern Boarder to Western Boarder and Back for a total of about 1600 miles. I would like to roll out from the welcome center, is there a acceptable proof with dates and times that I can get from a travel center?

sector7g

Premier Member
I would assume that the ability to obtain a receipt with date and time would suffice, and (definitely if not a Premiere member) a witness wouldn't be a bad idea...

Traxx

Premier Member
You know I haven't thought of getting the attendant to witness. I just found the phone number and will call when they open at 8. Granted that puts a damper on my start time.

sector7g

Premier Member
Just outa curiosity, why not start at the earliest fuel/food/convenience store exit? I know Texas - and a lot of states - might not have that at the immediate state line, but you could adjust your route and turn-around on those. Thereby not be restricted by the open/close window.

Traxx

Premier Member
The welcome center at Waskom is the closest to the state line. Maybe its just me being nitpicking but I want to get as close to the boarder as I can. Waskom Chevron is just a couple of miles away but there is still that pesky witness.
Timing is important for me. I prefer to get rolling shortly after waking up, that way I am not wasting daylight.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member

Traxx

Premier Member
It looks like there is a lot going on in Anthony, a few truck stops grouped together right at the boarder. Tried calling the welcome center, no go. Looks like something in Waskom.

TheRoss

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I spent a night in Anthony on last year's RAT. Cheap motel on south side of I-10, with a Subway in the truck stop next door. Nothing great about the place, but it worked. Many places for a DBR there.

Brian Thorn

Premier Member
I stayed at the Best Western which is on the SW corner of Antonio St and I-10 and about 750 feet south of the NM border. There is a Pilot travel center about 100 feet to the NW of the hotel which is where I grabbed my receipt. There's also a Wendy's and a Burger King within that same 100 foot radius of the hotel which makes things convenient. The hotel clerk served as my starting witness.

But... once you're a Premier member you don't need to worry about the witnesses any longer. It was funny to see Howard ask at the meeting last Saturday how many attendees were Premier members and about 99% of the audience raised their hand.
:)

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Traxx - You do understand that you don't need the witness at the actual start receipt time, right? You can get the odo witness earlier, within a -reasonable- distance and time. If you have spouse or partner, getting them to sign off on the odo witness then go get a start receipt near by when you take off. Probably not kosher if you if you run over to the border from Dallas... , but you can get the odo witness before you actually start your ride.

Traxx

Premier Member
Sure do Eric, that is what I did when I got my SS1000.
When I go to do the in state boarder to boarder I will most likely get a room close to the starting point.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Chat up the desk clerk or near by gas station person. Or find the local PD and ask them to "Verify" your odo. don't use the word document when talking to the PD, it makes them think they might be liable. Verify doesn't trigger that response. Get that odo sign off done the night before so you can focus on just getting the receipt and hitting the road in the morning. I'll go check receipts the night before in a case like that too, so I know where the good receipt is when I'm at that location. Makes for a zero hassle, zero stress start.

Traxx

Premier Member
I got my premier membership so I am not really going to worry about a witness. That takes a whole level away from getting started.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
But... once you're a Premier member you don't need to worry about the witnesses any longer. It was funny to see Howard ask at the meeting last Saturday how many attendees were Premier members and about 99% of the audience raised their hand.
:)
Hehehe....

Kinda took the sails away from the marketing speech, I'd bet.