BBG 51 & 52 Certificates

Horseiron1

Premier Member
Congratulations!!!! However I’m confused on the rules. I’m just starting out in long distance endurance riding. The rules say that they won’t publish a ride in excess of 1800 miles. Your certificate says the Bun Burner 1800 plus club so I guess I haven’t found that ride yet. Below is from the Iron Butt rules for Saddle Sore and Bun Burner. Maybe Ira can change the web site for better insight on the rules. Please clarify. Thanks

STEP ONE, Choose a SAFE route
Your ride needs to be completely documented (steps outlined below) and cover a minimum distance of 1,000 miles in less than 24 hours (SaddleSore 1000), or 1,500 miles in less than 36 hours (Bun Burner). In order to keep these rides from becoming races, mileages in excess of 1,800 miles in less than 24 hours will not be published.

Then that tells me that the rules don’t matter. Cool, thanks for the clarification.
At 80mph it takes 22.5 hours to cover 1800 miles. Therefore it qualifies as a "safe" ride because you don't have to break the speed limit to complete the ride. The IBA just won't print the actual mileage over the 1800.

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Oh its all good. I was just wondering about the rules is all.
There are strick rules and not just anyone can go out and do some of the rides. Before I tried some of the extreme rides I had already a lot of non extreme rides building my way up.

Just start riding and see what you like. We all started at the beginning.

Horseiron1

Premier Member
There are strick rules and not just anyone can go out and do some of the rides. Before I tried some of the extreme rides I had already a lot of non extreme rides building my way up.

Just start riding and see what you like. We all started at the beginning.
Yep. Understand that. And Congratulations again!!!!!!! That’s an awesome feat. I’ve been waiting for you to make the 2000 mile in 24 hrs. Everyone knows your a machine and can put the miles down. :):cool: I’m looking forward to your ride to Panama.