BBG Number 53 & 54 Certificates Received

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Nice, wish I had the time to be able to ride those sorts of miles. A 20,000KM year is a good one for me. Stupid work getting in the way all the time. ;)
I agree work gets in the way. I work full time and do not get any real vacation time as I work for myself. I usually start a ride after work on a Friday night and can get in two BBG's on a weekend or many other rides. 3 day weekends and the sky is the limit. :)

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Only one for Nov and one for Dec? Taking a break? J/k....awesome accomplishment!
You are right only 1 a month sucks.

I did ride to Mexico in December and I am waiting on a nice certificate from IBA Mexico - Asphalt Rats Endurance Motorcycling. From my understanding there are not to many from the US have certified rides in Mexico.

JAORE

Premier Member
"....can get in two BBG's on a weekend..."

Ho Lee Katz!

I have a grand total of ONE BBG. It was tough. Can't inagine two on a regular weekend.

I received my 53rd and 54th BBG certificates today from the IBA. I now have ridden over 82,000+ miles just on BBG rides.

Sorry don’t know how run this thing, very admirable! Like to have a few of your tips on this, I am going to try a BBG in a few weeks, tried before and didn’t make it. Just too slow and weather wasn’t so great. Hope to do better this time.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
@Darrin M You might consider starting a new thread with your questions about tips & tricks of the BBG. Greg is the sensei of the BBG. Many others would then also be able to chime in with what works for us mere mortals. ;)

Georgemowry

Happy Motorcyclist
Premier Member
IBA Member
Hi Greg,
Another milestone. You will soon have
More BBG s than Kyle Busch has wins in nascar. Kw thom is right I also wanted to start a post about the stop on the timed ride. I do not have an auxiliary gas tank and time not moving is a big issue to travel 1500 miles in 1440 minutes. I recently removed my tank bag for fuel access and I have a helmet hook so I don’t drop the helmet . Now i go to the gas pump on the right side of the motorcycle so that I don’t have to remove all my electrical cords. Why not start a discussion about what everyone is doing to minimize the stop. Thank you and again congrats. George

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sorry don’t know how run this thing, very admirable! Like to have a few of your tips on this, I am going to try a BBG in a few weeks, tried before and didn’t make it. Just too slow and weather wasn’t so great. Hope to do better this time.

It is key to pick a good route that gives you the best opportunity to be successful.

Obviously don’t spend to much time at your gas stops.

Try and consolidate your stops and do not make a stop to pee and then another stop for gas. Make one stop for everything.

Good luck!

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi Greg,
Another milestone. You will soon have
More BBG s than Kyle Busch has wins in nascar. Kw thom is right I also wanted to start a post about the stop on the timed ride. I do not have an auxiliary gas tank and time not moving is a big issue to travel 1500 miles in 1440 minutes. I recently removed my tank bag for fuel access and I have a helmet hook so I don’t drop the helmet . Now i go to the gas pump on the right side of the motorcycle so that I don’t have to remove all my electrical cords. Why not start a discussion about what everyone is doing to minimize the stop. Thank you and again congrats. George

As I just posted try and consolidate your stops and do not make a stop to pee and then another stop for gas. Make one stop for everything.

Keep your stops around 10 minutes.

Have a good route on big roads and monitor the weather.

Don’t plan a ride into bad weather, wait or ride the other way.

One of my things is I actually really like riding long distance and even dream about it.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
As I just posted try and consolidate your stops and do not make a stop to pee and then another stop for gas. Make one stop for everything.
See, this is why Greg is so good at this stuff... ;)

Now, I *will* divide stops up at times. Two eight minute stops an hour apart - especially later into a ride - is simply another opportunity to stop - even if it's long enough to go pee, grab a snack out of the bag, and keep moving.