Best app to plot and ride the planned route

Hi All,
I am looking for suggestions on best app to use to plot my ride on a website, and then use as GPS on my mobile during the ride. And suggestions/advice greatly appreciated.

EddyC

IBA Member
I use an app that can import gpx tracks. That way it doesn't matter how or where I plot my ride.
Try OSMAND(+) for Android. I installed it on an older (dedicated) smartphone and mostly use it on my bicycle.
I also always carry it with me on my motorbike as a backup, should my satnav fail.
Succes..
Ed.

just had a quick look at OSMAND(+) it seems to use open street maps which are good the only fault i saw when trying to use them in base camp was you got one area usually a country and it would only use one map at a time. maybe there different on the app.

all the route planning programes i've used have issues that i'm not happy with, all load routes etc one may suit better than another suggest you try a few and see what suits your needs best

EddyC

IBA Member
Well, you could plot a route over different countries in BC with f.i. City Navigator and import that route in OSMAND(+) on the device.
There is also a possibility of importing OSM maps in BC that stretch over different countries, but I haven't tried exporting such a route to a device yet.
try here: https://www.freizeitkarte-osm.de/
Succes..
Ed.