Best Waterproof Gloves

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Im looking to buy yet another set of waterproof gloves , i seem to spend good money after bad without getting the desired result.
My BMW gortex (latest ) purchase leek in heavy rain after about 30 mins but even sooner if i have the heated grips on as this i am told reverses the gore tex principle !
So whats everyone else using and do they work ?.

Thanks in advance

Bobbyc

Halvarssons Outhast gloves the only glove in 40 years of ridding that have been totally waterproof and you can use your heated grips.
Cheers Bob

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
If you want a quick cheap 100% waterproof glove for consistently heavy downpours and your gloves aren't too thick here's what I've found is a cheap solution:

I went to my local Work Safety wear outlet and bought a pair of black XXL Marigold type gloves. They're tough and once they're on no water is getting through. I think they cost a few quid :) They take up very little space and are handy for those hours and hours of motorway travel in absolute downpours. Once the rain eases off or it gets too warm I whip them off again. Might be worth a look.

I do however have a pair of now extinct Hein Gericke gore-tex gloves that are quite thin and supple and these never leak, in fact I bought a second pair in the sale just before they shut all their UK stores a few years back.

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks for the reply's guys, i have seen other reviews as well and think ill go with the 3 finger gloves despite their odd apperance.

Robert

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
My Rukka MARS winter gloves from 2010 are still 100% tight. Incredible, but true. I even burnt off part of the index finger tip (small plastic triangle) in London during the BBR2011, however the Gore Tex membrane was not damaged. Must have ridden at least some 50000 mls with them.