Border to Border Insanity

Joseph Kappes

Kankujoe
Premier Member
All, thanks for the advice and info. Doug Tessendorf and myself just completed the B2B insanity. It was an epic ride. We rode from Phoenix to Shelby, MT and got a hotel for some well needed rest. The following day we crossed into Coutts, AB and stopped at the Atlan duty free store to get a starting receipt. One of the cool things was that the manager and his wife were familiar with the IBA riders and volunteered to be our starting witness without even asking. Apparently, they have been witnesses for several riders in the past. Crossing back into the US was very easy through the POE. We traveled south on I-15 till Las Vegas. Traveling in Montana and Idaho were awesome. Very pretty scenery and awesome temps. South of St. George Utah the heat was turned up. We were aware of the heat and made sure we maintained hydration. We arrived in Yuma about 4am and decided to cross into MX through the San Luis, AZ POE instead of Algodones because we would have had to wait 2 hrs for Algodones to open. Anyway, crossing into MX was easy. We obtained a ATM receipt to end our ride. It took us about an hour to get back across into the US. All in all itwas a fantastic ride. We completed the B2B at about 22 hours. Thanks for all of the advice. You helped make this ride phenomenal!
Great information!

Why did it take a hour to get back into the US?

Steve Bell

Premier Member
There was a line of cars trying to get into the US at 0600 in San Luis. There were only 2 lanes open and it took and hour to get up to the crossing and eventually let through. If starting the B2B in MX, I would look at a different POE But crossing into MX through this POE was easy and quick.

Joseph Kappes

Kankujoe
Premier Member
Tha
There was a line of cars trying to get into the US at 0600 in San Luis. There were only 2 lanes open and it took and hour to get up to the crossing and eventually let through. If starting the B2B in MX, I would look at a different POE But crossing into MX through this POE was easy and quick.
Thanks!

I plan on doing a B2B. My original thought was to do Mexico then Canada. After reading your account I think I'll also do Canada first & finish with Mexico.