Brexit & Green Cards

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
More Brexit Blues

I have just been trawling through the nightmare of www.gov.com to see if there is anything else I need to sort out before I embark on any European forays.

And guess what, the French are now saying that they may not accept our V5C registration document as legal proof of ownership. And we may have to get a Carnet document to avoid custom duties in the future.:mad::mad::mad:

I bet they are doing this because of all the trouble we have caused in cocking up Brexit. They have always been a militant bunch.:(

Brexit is certainly pissing me offo_Oo_O

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
More Brexit Blues

I have just been trawling through the nightmare of www.gov.com to see if there is anything else I need to sort out before I embark on any European forays.

And guess what, the French are now saying that they may not accept our V5C registration document as legal proof of ownership. And we may have to get a Carnet document to avoid custom duties in the future.:mad::mad::mad:

I bet they are doing this because of all the trouble we have caused in cocking up Brexit. They have always been a militant bunch.:(

Brexit is certainly pissing me offo_Oo_O
That'll be fake news then, courtesy of Trump.....
I might trust gov.uk more.......

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Got my IDP's yesterday, had to get the 1949 one, as it's needed for Spain, only valid for 1 year, as the 1968 is valid for 3 years!! :rolleyes:
Your lucky my 1968 IDP that I got today is only valid until 23rd September 2019, instead of the normal 3 years because that is when my photo ID 10 year licence runs out. But I still had to pay the full price of £5.50. :mad::mad::mad:.
I can feel another compaint/rant comming on, which is how this thread started, :):););)

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Now why.... would they be different sizes.....OMG...
Because the size of the font on the 1968 IDP is slightly larger and they have missed out the line of print where it say's " Number of the Domestic driving permit on the 1949 IDP
That's observation for you, I knew that IAM training would come in handy one day :p:p:p

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Your lucky my 1968 IDP that I got today is only valid until 23rd September 2019, instead of the normal 3 years because that is when my photo ID 10 year licence runs out. But I still had to pay the full price of £5.50. :mad::mad::mad:.
I can feel another compaint/rant comming on, which is how this thread started, :):););)
We'll still be in the EU when your IDP runs out then :eek: :mad: