Brit Butt Light Rally 2021

Thanks Lee

That was an awesome rally yesterday and great fun riding it, big thanks for putting the effort in abs great job !!
I can share the route later once I get home if anyone is interested and looking forward to the September Rally and beers afterwards

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done to all contestants under arduous conditions.

Looks like another outstanding challenge from you Lee.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Great Rally Lee, it was hot but thoroughly enjoyed it, the bar is set very high for the next Rally Book and adventure...

So Simon figured out the key to the lock...again! what a surprise...it's really starting to piss me...I have to work with him! :rolleyes:

Well done Simon, great effort mate... ;)

JohnR

Mr. QR code
IBA Member
Interesting stuff, I may be tempted for 2022!

Question - If a rider visited Nene Valley Railway (Peterborough & Wansford Stations) plus three other bonuses on the Triumph Central Line and also visited three other bonuses on the Ariel Circular Line would they score the Nene Valley Railway Stations twice gaining 5 x 946 + the 946 accumulator for Triumph and 5 x 921 + the 921 accumulator for Ariel?

Interesting stuff, I may be tempted for 2022!

Question - If a rider visited Nene Valley Railway (Peterborough & Wansford Stations) plus three other bonuses on the Triumph Central Line and also visited three other bonuses on the Ariel Circular Line would they score the Nene Valley Railway Stations twice gaining 5 x 946 + the 946 accumulator for Triumph and 5 x 921 + the 921 accumulator for Ariel?
Yes John, exactly right ;)

As promised, this was my plan and ride for Lee's rally.
I think the key was hitting the double bubble locations, I got 7 which is equal to riding to 14 locations and free money, well points ..

For me at least, I love the planning as much as the riding, though I have to hand it to Kim who came up with the idea of dropping Wales and he was spot on, that would have wasted too much time.

I rarely got off my bike and each transition was never more than 45-60 seconds max, everything was pre-printed and stuck on my bike all I had to do was grab the camera/rider number from my pocket and snap, then back on it. One fuel stop at Tesco (pay-at-pump) and pre-loaded with water/food for the day, the combined savings for this alone is easily 30 minutes over the day.

Roll on September and thanks again Lee !!

BLL 2021_SR.JPG

Thanks for sharing your route Simon. We've been wondering who it was we saw at CVRC while parked up having a sandwich and trying to cool off. You've been the one we've told stories of, well.. marvelled by the way you stopped, didn't even switch off your bike, had everything on hand and even time to say hi and wish us a good day. (That's if you were the guy on the orange versys with the no.1 rally flag!).

Maisie and I decided to go from there to Telford and into Wales. We were hoping to end at Aberystwyth but with quite a few delays to the day.. we were at the peril of traffic (mostly lots of tractors) with maisie being on a 125, and super unfortunately ended up getting a wasp in her jacket and stung down her arm so we had to stop and cool off. Ended up hitting Snowdon Mountain Railway and rushing as fast as we could up to Bangor which was the nearest station.

Think you had the right idea skipping Wales, although we both love it there and despite how slow it was the scenery and route was well worth it for us.

- Interested to know did anyone try going for the Pub Crawl? We liked the idea but planning it took us JUST under 500 miles and with the start and finish in mind we didn't think we'd do it.

- Did anyone find Thomas? :cool:

Below I've included out route that we took. I've also included black arrows to show where we would have liked to finish up, and at the start if we'd have chosen a more optimal starting point. (Decided that crossing the line between the dales, bradford and to huddersfield without the motorway was just NOT worth the misery).
bbl2021.jpg
bbl2021 hopeful.jpg

Ouch, a wasp in the jacket is a nightmare.

Not sure anyone did all the pubs but someone did go to all the museums.

We did have a few Thomas sightings yes

D2A6F690-8C8E-471E-BAFA-3CC71E3D53EA.jpeg

Thanks for sharing your route Simon. We've been wondering who it was we saw at CVRC while parked up having a sandwich and trying to cool off. You've been the one we've told stories of, well.. marvelled by the way you stopped, didn't even switch off your bike, had everything on hand and even time to say hi and wish us a good day. (That's if you were the guy on the orange versys with the no.1 rally flag!).

Maisie and I decided to go from there to Telford and into Wales. We were hoping to end at Aberystwyth but with quite a few delays to the day.. we were at the peril of traffic (mostly lots of tractors) with maisie being on a 125, and super unfortunately ended up getting a wasp in her jacket and stung down her arm so we had to stop and cool off. Ended up hitting Snowdon Mountain Railway and rushing as fast as we could up to Bangor which was the nearest station.

Think you had the right idea skipping Wales, although we both love it there and despite how slow it was the scenery and route was well worth it for us.

- Interested to know did anyone try going for the Pub Crawl? We liked the idea but planning it took us JUST under 500 miles and with the start and finish in mind we didn't think we'd do it.

- Did anyone find Thomas? :cool:

Below I've included out route that we took. I've also included black arrows to show where we would have liked to finish up, and at the start if we'd have chosen a more optimal starting point. (Decided that crossing the line between the dales, bradford and to huddersfield without the motorway was just NOT worth the misery).
View attachment 7228
View attachment 7229
Hey Thomas, Macie ..
You guys looked very relaxed and enjoying the day when I saw you, though sorry to hear about the wasp and hope it didn't distract from the day.
Wales is awesome riding and totally get why you went their.
Hopefully see you both at the September Rally where we get to enjoy a few beers before and after this year :)