Brit Butt Rally 16th to 18th September 2022

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
And like previous Rally masters, I've spent several recent years creating themes for my rallies, then finding the theme related places on-line, but actually really going to Bonus locations too. This is so I can check that the coordinates are correct for safely where to park, or in many cases the exact coordinate location where the photographs need to be taken to prove riders got there. And then taken the photos for the Rally Book.

The 2021 theme were places with a 'Rude & Funny' name, i.e. Hooker Road, Cock Bridge, Shitterton etc.

For this year's Rally I've got another hopefully very likeable theme, with the Bonus locations and/or photos very related to the theme too.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Entry is now open for the 36hr Brit Butt Rally on 17th/18th Sept.

The entry fee is £85.
This includes.
Start buffet and a meal at the finish
Rally book and flag
Commemorative tea shirt and a goodie bag.
Trophies for the first three and everyone gets a finishers certificate.

First entry was from Germany

This is always an international event.

Can you plan a route you can ride in the
time to outfox the field and win through?

https://ironbutt.co.uk/w3/bbr.php

Last edited:

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
First 12hrs we have 4 entries in . Including two Iron Butt Rally Veterans.

Don't delay.

Enter today

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
I can now confirm to you all that this year's Brit Butt Rally themed locations again will have many more than 69 locations last year.

And they will mostly be for photos of the themed name style bonus location, not just very lots of related road signs.

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Timing is so important with all IBA rallies. With the death of Queen Elizabeth last Thursday and the announcement just now of her funeral on Monday the 19th. This has to impact on the BBR weekend, are there any plans to cancell or postpone it.
I know many who are involved in the rally both as competitors and helpers may be considering withdrawing, for their own reason.
I for 1 will be on the start line if it is taking place, with my own tribute.

Hummers

Finisher RBLR1000 '22
IBA Member
My boy and I failed to complete this one but enjoyed meeting people on the Friday night. I hope they got around OK and look forwards to meeting g them again next year.

DangerDarren

Many thanks to the team for organising the rally last weekend. Great to see so many of your out on the road. Had a good time and look forward to seeing you all at the next event.
Cheers,
Darren.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The riders collected at the rally start on Friday.
After checking in and collecting their goodie bags they completed some technical checks and rode a standard odo route to gauge the accuracy of their odos. They can read over 5 extra miles , the same as they show higher speeds.

After the evening meal the rally books are presented. They contain all the bonus locations and rules for gaining points.

The riders then retire to their rooms and have all evening to plan their routes to gain the maximum points.
PLAN THE RIDE RIDE THE PLAN

It's quiet in the secure car park at night but we still guard the bikes overnight

The riders rise early ready for the final odo checks

At exactly 0630 the riders are all on their way
You can see the videos on the "Iron Butt UK Group" on facebook.

During the next 36 hrs riders went to all corners of mainland Great Britain taking pictures , emailing them for scoring and gaining points

At the finish the riders were given their score sheet to sign off and the results collated pretty well before the rally finished.

After a substantial meal (the first on for two days for many of the riders) the presentations were make by Rally Master mark Fowler.

The top three also received trophies
3rd PLACE
Robert Keober 1685 miles 36.750 Points

2nd Place
John Cross 1171 miles 37275 points

1st Place Dave Winter 1242 miles 37750 points

Entries 36
DNS 8
DNF 6
Finishers 22

The final finishers list..

Everyone retired to the bar to swop stories of the epic rides .

The 2023 Brit Butt Rally will be held Aug 25th to Aug 27th.

Entry will open in the new year

Last edited: