Entry will open Monday 9th March.
The new rally base is in the midlands.
Your Rally Master will be Mark Fowler.

Last edited:

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Roll on tomorrow. Fingers crossed that quite a few will sign up for this two day rally, with me as the next new Rallymaster :)

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
I know the date has already been changed... but the MCN Festival of Motorcycling (where we've had a stand the past couple of years) has now been moved to that weekend.

Regards,
Martin

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Another update: The European Tour has been postponed to 2021. Any chance the BBR dates could revert to the August bank holiday, to avoid the clash with the MCN Festival? I know it's not as simple as making the decision: availability of the hotel will be key.

Regards,
Martin

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Another update: The European Tour has been postponed to 2021. Any chance the BBR dates could revert to the August bank holiday, to avoid the clash with the MCN Festival? I know it's not as simple as making the decision: availability of the hotel will be key. Regards, Martin
Yeh, that was the initial plan for this year. So once discussed with Phil we can share all 2021 Rally dates. And fingers crossed the BBR will still run this September. :) :cool:

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
At the moment hotels are not available. We are unlikely to be able to gather in groups any time soon; maybe not until after September.
There is no point in staying in a hotel if the bar is shut or there are no meeting rooms.

I would not like to down grade the BBR in any way.

Likely scenario as of today if for the Yorvick to run at the end of this year and 2021 will go back to normal with dates to be finalised.

We had considered running the BBR as a virtual rally but the two we held during lock they did not get much enthusiam from most of the regular rally riders. Having tried the 1st one most rally riders didn't take to the format and entry was minimal for the second one.

andcam

Premier Member
The BBR could run without the mass-gathering aspect? Assuming hotels are open. Gathering only in the car park at the departure time, with bonus details & rules emailed the night before?

JON12A

IBAUK's new Shop Keeper
IBA Member
Agreed Phil. Without the crack and socializing before and after the rally it wouldn't be the same.
Seems a shame but it may be better waiting for next year when we can do it properly.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Hello everyone from your new Britt Butt Rallymaster. As you may have heard, this year's Rally has now unfortunately been cancelled, mainly due to still having potential hotel function room and bar isolation issues. This is a shame for me too but I will now have another year to confirm stuff for more future rallies even though locations for this year are just about done and so is the rally book.

And it will be great to think that because of our 2020 horrendous stuff (both personal and International) that we'll have great numbers for future biking events. Roll on 2021 :)