Brit Butt Rally 25th to 27th May 2018

Dave: You can test that your photo gets to the Rally email address as much as you like before the rally, and as soon as I see them I will respond (please note, not monitored 24/7). This hopefully will give you the confidence that the system works and that your photography skills are improving. On the rally itself you will not get confirmation for every photo that you send.
Steve,
Wouldn't putting an out of office auto reply be simpler? This would then confirm receipt within a minute, and confirm receipt for every photo

Simple solution if you are worried about mails being received..

1.Bcc yourself on each mail you send, that way if you get it back the recipient should have received it.

If you have an iPhone you can set this in - Settings - Mail - Always Bcc myself.

I’m sure android phones have the same functionality.

2. Set up a second email account for yourself, gmail, yahoo mail etc and bcc yourself on that account, if you get the mail back to the second account you know the recipient has it too.

3. Depending on the mail client you use on the phone, request a delivery receipt or read receipt or better still both.

With 2 & 3 (certainly with 3) you have proof the mail was sent.

Simples....

Last edited:

Quill4

Brit Butt Rallymaster
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
John, Jon, Roland: Thank you all for your interesting and helpful input. I was given another option today, every rider sets up their own Instagram account and gives the rally team access. The point we want to get to is the use smartphone technology in the easiest and most non intrusive way for both the rider and the rally team. There will be specific rules that will have to be written for smartphone bonuses, ie. how soon they need to be sent after the photo has been taken, etc. But the fundamentals will not change, ride round the country, going places that you have never been before, testing you and your bikes endurance.

Please keep up the dialogue, use thebbr1881.gmail.com if you would like to move the conversation out of the forum.

Steve

Last edited:

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Entries are approaching 20. All entries to date have been sent am email with the hotel details. They are doing a good deal at the moment. Good time to enter.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher

3 mins it took me to load this pic in the photobucket app then log in and paste it here. It's even quicker by email especially if you set up a load of email drafts with most of the details pre entered.

Well that's me got permisssion to do it all again. I missed out last year and have not really done many long runs since 2016 but really looking forward to it. Hotel booked and payment made . I will try to be a little better prepared for this one. THis will be my third Rally but still a novice fighting with the voices that want to do the miles instead of points. Really looking to be more disciplined with the planning .... like making one and sticking to it!

Last edited:
Hi guys, my first Iron Butt and looking forward to it! Just a thought, could WhatsApp be an option? It operates very effectively for both taking and sending images even with low signal, and each rider will have evidence of image sent/received from the small ticks that appear on sent images. Also, it will keep each rider's image record separate for ease at the other end. :)

See you soon! - Jon

Hi guys, my first Iron Butt and looking forward to it! Just a thought, could WhatsApp be an option? It operates very effectively for both taking and sending images even with low signal, and each rider will have evidence of image sent/received from the small ticks that appear on sent images. Also, it will keep each rider's image record separate for ease at the other end. :)

See you soon! - Jon
Part of the, shall we say test, of the "Brit-Butt Rally" is the scoring table when you get back to base, absolutly knackered and stressed, forget a receipt or fill in your fuel log incorrectly and you will lose hard earned points, I know this from personal experience. Why change a proven formula.

Last edited:

Quill4

Brit Butt Rallymaster
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
I wouldn't worry yourself about that Colonel, there will still be plenty of opportunities for losing points.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Entry is still open for anyone who is late to the table.
Final programme will be emailed out be t week to all the entries.

I am sorry but I will have to withdraw from the rally. A surprise family event is being planned that weekend which I have to attend and therefore unable to get from Northern Ireland in time for the start. Gutted as I was really looking forward to it but family trumps bikes......... on this occasion. Have a great rally and stay safe. I will just have to look for an alternative outing todo closer to home maybe the 32 counties in 32 hours. See you next year

Unfortunately I also won't be able to attend. :(. Like Andrew above, family commitment come first on this occasion. I have a hotel room booked and I can't cancel it. If anybody is interested it was £31 for Friday 25th May and £29.5 for Sun 27th. Hope you all have great fun. I will definitely be there next year. :cool: