Brit Butt Rally 26/28 May 2017

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
OK, let's give it another try: is it still possible to enter?
I think I need to give the revamped Pan a good shakedown run before the IBR....
Shame i think its full now Robert . :)

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Entry for the Brit Butt Rally is still open.

It will close at the end of April when numbers need to be finalised.

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
I've just been re-reading the description on the BBR main website. Are we going back to the process of no rally information available until the evening briefing, or is this a big secret? :eek:

I must admit the last few years when getting both the rally book, and co-ordinates on a USB stick which were available after the Odo route had been completed greatly helped riders to get some decent sleep before the early start on Saturday morning. Only being able so start to sit down and plan after 8 in the evening was always a real ball ache IMO. :(

Personally I never used to plan my actual route until after the briefing anyway due to the Rallymaster's last minute spanners he threw into the works, but being able to get a feel for the locations and being able to load and re-code the bonus locations helped save a couple of hours work.

2016 was the first out of six years that I'd ever got to bed by midnight and so managed to get almost FIVE HOURS SLEEP o_O

Whatever the process I still can't wait though :D

Last edited:

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
New
I've just been re-reading the description on the BBR main website. Are we going back to the process of no rally information available until the evening briefing, or is this a big secret? :eek:

I must admit the last few years when getting both the rally book, and co-ordinates on a USB stick which were available after the Odo route had been completed greatly helped riders to get some decent sleep before the early start on Saturday morning. Only being able so start to sit down and plan after 8 in the evening was always real ball ache IMO. :(

Personally I never used to plan my actual route until after the briefing anyway due to the Rallymaster's last minute spanners he threw into the works, but being able to get a feel for the locations and being able to load and re-code the bonus locations helped save a couple of hours work.

2016 was the first out of six years that I'd ever got to bed by midnight and so managed to get almost FIVE HOURS SLEEP o_O
I agree with you there Mark , i thought it helped greatly just getting that extra couple of hours sleep.

Last edited:

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Everyone having all the info at the same time creates a level playing field for planning.

Good luck to all those taking part this year,

Getting the usb stick early is a good idea least then you can get the locations loaded into your sat nav. getting it past 8 o'clock just makes life hard if you're not great with computers. not bothered if you get the stick after the odo run or at a set time a bit earlier.

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
I have created a SpotWalla Location Page for this Brit Butt 17. It is currently rather uninteresting because no-one's "joined" it yet. If you are riding the rally and are not paranoid about having your location tracked in real time by, for example, the rally team languishing in Leicester while you're all out having fun, you might like to join the page by clicking here. You will need a suitable tracker device or app and a SpotWalla account.

There's no view password so this page is entirely public. And since it's public, please ensure you're aware of secure zones and how to control the types of messages that update your location on the page.

Secure zones are regions of the map where locations will not be shown. They allow the user to safeguard their home, place of work, grandma's house or any other region where they want to maintain some privacy. More information on secure zones can be found here:

If your location is known to SpotWalla and is not in a secure zone when you join the page it will appear as a data point right away but otherwise the only clue that you've joined is an increase in the number of Users.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
I have created a SpotWalla Location Page for this Brit Butt 17. It is currently rather uninteresting because no-one's "joined" it yet. If you are riding the rally and are not paranoid about having your location tracked in real time by, for example, the rally team languishing in Leicester while you're all out having fun, you might like to join the page by clicking here. You will need a suitable tracker device or app and a SpotWalla account.
I just clicked your link Bob and thought I'd need to add the link from the 'Trip' I've created for the rally which I set to start at 06.00 on the Saturday and finish at 18.00 on the Sunday. As the Bubbler GPS app is on when my phone is I see it displays where I am now? Does this mean additional tracks will appear on the map even before the rally has started?

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
It doesn't show any tracks, it only shows last known location. It's the same arrangement used for the IBR.

If BubblerGPS is actually running on your phone, SpotWalla knows where you are, nothing to do with your trips. I turn BubblerGPS off unless I actually want to track.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Bob, you'll need to show me how to do that, I'd love to do the same thing for the ABR....:)
I understand Bob is running an IT session on the Saturday at lunchtime, so you'd better stay at the hotel Robert and give the rest of us a head start ;) :D

pihlo

12 Days? 12Days!
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Cool and thanks and Joined (IHP)

Is it ok to publish this link on my homepage/Facebook?