Brit Butt Tour 2017

Coxy

Mr Brit Butt Tour
IBA Member
Don't know what happened above tried to say nice day in the Peak District with a picture in the sun of The Knights Table Buxton
But hy ho you get a picture of Potter Heigham Bridge
Think I will go for a pint JC.

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Firstly I need to apologise in the delay up dating the current standings. I have been feeling a little sorry for myself, I was coming to the the European RTE from work, unfortunately less then an hour before leaving work I managed to break my left hand in two places, so currently my hands in plaster.
So yet again my IBAUK luck strikes again.

If you have issues please email me.

NO NAME TOTAL
1 John Cox 34
2 Robert Hook 36
3 Martin Grafton 25
4 John Morning 0
5 Gordon Sears 19
6 Kim Leeson 0
7 John Cunniffe 0
8 Graeme Dawson 0
9 Martin Buck 0
10 Neil Smith 0
11 Dave Thomson 0
12 Neil Frost 4
13 0
14 Wulstan Melling 4
15 Debi Devine 0
16 Steve Kirk 0
17 Chris Butler 0

Martex

Myself and Rob Hook had a great weekend. Picked up every location North of Manchester,
and a few in between. (37)
Highlights, 1. Slight navigational error while looking for petrol in the Lake district,
leading to crossing the Wrynose and Hardnott Passes in the snow.
2. For our first night in the Britt Butt Hotel. We should not of chosen Inverness on 3rd March. Stuck it for 2 hours. BButtHotel_1024x768.JPG Brrrrr
3. The road to the Glenelg Ferry Shop was just like the Alps...Even down to the snow!!
4. 2285 miles door to door

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Well done lads !
At this time of year that's impressive. You cant have many left and its only early March.

Coxy

Mr Brit Butt Tour
IBA Member
Wow ee I am impressed that's great I did laugh about the Hardnott and Wrynose I think twice in Summer if its a bit damp.
Well Done again just brilliant. JC.

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Finally got off the mark...

03 - Triumph Memorial, Meriden

73 - George Hotel, Stamford

89 - Jaspers Coffee Shop, Market Bosworth

Got to Jaspers at 4:40 on Saturday afternoon, looking forward to coffee and cake. Alas, it was shut. Oh well...

Regards,
Martin

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
A few more bagged. In ascending numerical order...

32 - Neenton Church

47 - Stone cross, Ludlow

52 - Indian/Victory Dealer, Bewdley

53 - Ruins, Waterperry

77 - Memorial, Tewkesbury

85 - Llangynidr

Regards,
Martin

Martex

Well after miles and miles of searching, Rob and I have found the elusive number 24.
It was in Phil's back garden after all!
BA5 1RQ
N51 11.177
W002 41.027 BButtTour24_1024x768.JPG

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
A lovely day yesterday, though a bit chilly first thing. Another four ticked off...

23 - Thomas Telford Bridge Memorial thing

60 - Battlefield Church

72 - St Mary's Church

87 - St Garmon's Church

Regards,
Martin

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Hi
Competitors for the tour will note that checkpoint 24 as no details, please note that their is no checkpoint can be claimed.

Wlly

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Hi
Competitors for the tour will note that checkpoint 24 as no details, please note that their is no checkpoint can be claimed.

Wlly
Hi Wully,

What? Damn - I had planned to pick that one up by submitting a photo of bike plus rider flag, together with a pineapple. If the photo was taken outside the King Power stadium, I figured I'd be sure to be awarded it...

Regards,
Martin

A good ride out last weekend, plenty of miles and sights on the way 13 Gosforth stone cross.jpg number13 19 Cleethorpes pier .jpg number19 26 bridge supports.jpg number 26 28 King George IV ph.jpg number28 33 Tyne lifeboat.jpg number 33 38 Tan hill inn .jpg number 38 43 Pilgrim father monument .jpg number 43 6 North bar  .jpg number 6 61 Welney wetlands centre .jpg number 61 62 Sedgedunum .jpg number 62

Last edited:
Finally got out for a pleasure ride on the motorbike this weekend! I bought it last year but for one reason or another have had very few opportunities to ride it. Deliberately picked a route today to give me a nice variety of roads so I can start getting used to the new bike.

Started off with 50 - The Owl, Kingsfold. Only a few minutes up the road for me:

Next was into London for 34 - Chiswick House

Very hot day for riding in city traffic! City riding continued to pick up the Regent's Park double; 79 - Jubilee Gate:

Then just up the road for 44 - Chester Road Gates:

Then last city location for me, 66 - Henry Irving statue:

Then it was out of the city and on to a bit of motorway to pick up 30 - Hadlow Castle and some very familiar roads for me:

Followed by a trip to the Isle of Sheppey to pick up 16 - St. Thomas Church:

Only a couple of miles as the crow flies to 05 - St. Jude's Shrine, but quite a few road miles:

Then on to 21 - Two Pilgrims Statue where I stopped for a spot of lunch in the very nice tea room opposite:

Shortly after I got to practice a bit of light off-roading picking up 58 - Dover Lighthouse:

Then a little more off-road practice riding over cobbles to pick up my last one of the day, 40 - Mermaid Inn:

Final mileage once I got home was just shy of 290; not a huge amount in mileage terms, but given the temperature, lack of familiarity with the bike and the city centre riding I'm certainly feeling it now!