Brit Butt Tour 2019

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Some advice please? I'm planning a trip to Scotland and can't decide when comming off Skye whether to take the bridge or the ferry. The ferry seems a bit of a time waster and there is only ~50 miles in it, but is the ferry worth it?
I debated on this...I assume you mean the Ferry below in yellow...the times for me meant a lot of waiting, plus you would miss out on the A87 from Invergarry to Kyle of Lochalsh...make sure tank is full, nothing in between.

1558002483547.png

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Picked up three on the way home from the Cover Bridge Inn RTE. I'm into double figures now - woo hoo!

17 - Ripon.jpg
17 - Ripon Cathedral. Pretty much the exact shot I took on the BBR.

97 - Crimple.jpg
97 - Crimple viaduct. It's there somewhere, just beyond the trees...

57 - Breighton.jpg
57 - Breighton. As others have noted, the gate guardian has been removed since the BBR.

Regards,
Martin

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
I debated on this...I assume you mean the Ferry below in yellow...the times for me meant a lot of waiting, plus you would miss out on the A87 from Invergarry to Kyle of Lochalsh...make sure tank is full, nothing in between.

View attachment 3839
Cheap fuel a few miles before you come off Skye, I think its a Co-op or something similar. You'll see it when you go on.

As Kim stated if you miss a ferry its a long wait....

~Martin~

RBLR1000 Finisher
IBA Member
Thanks guys, yes I was referring to the Mallaig to Armadale and I think I will skip it this time as I will be on a tightish timeline by then.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Cheap fuel a few miles before you come off Skye, I think its a Co-op or something similar. You'll see it when you go on.

As Kim stated if you miss a ferry its a long wait....
Yes, it's Co-Op £1.22 / litre, cheapest by far, and looks brand new, it's where the Triumph had a flat tire, so hopefully, the air machine is fixed if needed.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
85 Framingham Earl picked up on the way home from the MCN Festival...now I'm done, all 81.
My Debenhams (UK chain) trouser (pants for the yanks) hanger is slowly falling apart, I'm down to 1 clip...life on the road eh?

Might be time to break out some billet AlUminiUm, or however you brits call it...too many years in the states has me confused! :rolleyes:

Robert Higgs

Had a couple of hours spare and the sun's out so took a quick wander round the back yard this morning to pick up a couple more, including the Bermondsey Tank now resplendent in Bauhaus livery. Now I remember why I don't ride in Central London unless I absolutely have to; roll on open roads.... :cool:

Attachments

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Had a couple of hours spare and the sun's out so took a quick wander round the back yard this morning to pick up a couple more, including the Bermondsey Tank now resplendent in Bauhaus livery. Now I remember why I don't ride in Central London unless I absolutely have to; roll on open roads.... :cool:
Very different from when I was there...

Attachments

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Picked up three on the way home from the Cover Bridge Inn RTE. I'm into double figures now - woo hoo!

View attachment 3841
17 - Ripon Cathedral. Pretty much the exact shot I took on the BBR.

View attachment 3842
97 - Crimple viaduct. It's there somewhere, just beyond the trees...

View attachment 3843
57 - Breighton. As others have noted, the gate guardian has been removed since the BBR.

Regards,
Martin
Martin think you are in the wrong rally AlpenButt has finished, did no one tell you?