Brit Butt Tour 2020

jaybee

Latvian rider transport!!!!!!
Premier Member
Right chaps, I did Devon & Cornwall yesterday and to reiterate Phil's points from 26th Jan:
1. Mill Bay (03H) - they have changed the NT sign so don't look for the stone one.....as I wasted 20 minutes doing before asking someone.
2. Fort Bovisand Lighthouse (06C) - extensive construction means there is a heavy metal gate blocking all access (even pedestrian), however, if you are really keen, you can walk 2 mins up the coastal path and get a view (sort of) from above - as my crappy photo will testify (it was blowing a gale.)
3. Overbecks (03D) - the cul-de-sac sign appears to have gone - again another fruitless 20 mins wasted - however, other proofs are available.

The point Phil makes about sat-nav guidance is well made. A lot of these single track roads are gifted with National Speed limits so the GPS algorithm assumes that you will do 60 mph along them. 6 mph is more realistic!!! There is enough grass growing up the middle of the roads to graze sheep and the rest is indeed mud and potholes. Very slippery when wet especially on a 290kg bike with a 17" front wheel and road tyres.
So beware!! IMG_20200207_121917.jpg IMG_20200207_132603.jpg IMG_20200207_141907.jpg IMG_20200207_142836.jpg IMG_20200207_153656.jpg IMG_20200207_172225.jpg

Entbiker

Right chaps, I did Devon & Cornwall yesterday and to reiterate Phil's points from 26th Jan:
1. Mill Bay (03H) - they have changed the NT sign so don't look for the stone one.....as I wasted 20 minutes doing before asking someone.
2. Fort Bovisand Lighthouse (06C) - extensive construction means there is a heavy metal gate blocking all access (even pedestrian), however, if you are really keen, you can walk 2 mins up the coastal path and get a view (sort of) from above - as my crappy photo will testify (it was blowing a gale.)
3. Overbecks (03D) - the cul-de-sac sign appears to have gone - again another fruitless 20 mins wasted - however, other proofs are available.

The point Phil makes about sat-nav guidance is well made. A lot of these single track roads are gifted with National Speed limits so the GPS algorithm assumes that you will do 60 mph along them. 6 mph is more realistic!!! There is enough grass growing up the middle of the roads to graze sheep and the rest is indeed mud and potholes. Very slippery when wet especially on a 290kg bike with a 17" front wheel and road tyres.
So beware!! View attachment 4824 View attachment 4825 View attachment 4826 View attachment 4827 View attachment 4828 View attachment 4829
Doing these next weekend so cheers for the updates.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
unfortunately the 26 miles by road route - was hoping some kind of ferry would be running but no chance......just like Portsmouth and no doubt Salcombe, Swansea and Plymouth will also be "long way round' - Ewan & Charley would be proud.
Yes salcombe is

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Nice pootle along the south east coast today. Lovely riding. Thanks Steve for the opportunity to visit these locations.

Snip 4.JPG

PS Kim that's 26 and the sun shone on the righteous at Gosport.

Last edited:

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
Why would I thank you? Were you the Rally B last year? Maybe after 29th Feb for your company.

wully

Brit Butt Tour Admin. Retired.
Hi everyone, the current standings of BBT20.
any issues please email me [email protected]

Name No. Total
Peter Brown 1 0
Kim Leeson 2 0
Len Jubb 3 5
Sean Sowley 4 0
Bill Halley 5 0
Darren Forster 6 4
Michael Smith 7 0
Gordon Sears 8 26
Lee Foster 9 0
Ian Speight 10 0
Martin Grafton 11 7
John Cunniffe 12 0
Dave Badcock 14 0
Ewan Fowler 15 0
Steve Westall 16 11
Robert Higgs 17 0
Bob Stammers 18 5
Pete Howe 19 12
Jonathan Baker 20 10
Darran Hart 21 18
Wulstan Melling 22 0
Martin Buck 45 0
Bob Badger 55 20
Phil Weston 70 14

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Is Kim in this year?
Well technically I'm in, signed up, paid for and Flag printed and laminated...then it goes quiet...unless your building a new workshop in the dead of winter and need it done asap :rolleyes: :eek:

...and thanks guys for all the updates, glad to see you're out and about...I won't be first this year, but I won't be last either ;)

GSears

Premier Member
IBA Member
You sure? Bob will probably be first, just nibbling away quietly in the background. 20+ now?